Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
anyone in the top ten started their path to aquisition? I got Kev's email saying he will ring when ready. Hope TeeDee (Test Dummy ;)) and Kev's experiments are going well!!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I am the glorious Number 8 and ive not had any contact yet, i bet that pesky no 1 is holding everything up with his demands for diamonds and rubies to be stiched on to said bush shirt.

But wait till he gets to me, i will keep endys busy for the rest of the year

:lmao::lmao::lmao::red:

Colin

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
there is an update on the Endy's website;

says they've got the first batch in the workshop...so i guess we're just being impatient little kiddys...i want it i want it i want it, me me me!!!

looking forward to my phone ringing for once... lol

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Went into see Kev today. He said I had just missed TeeDee. Kev said he will have some piccies up on the website shortly of the production process. TeeDee PM'd me to say he might go in for a second fitting tomorrow/Sat or Monday. I hope that after a period of quietness things will leap forward.

As soon as I know TeeDee has had the jem encrusted buttons added, the mink fur lining, the doe-skin elbow patches, the gold collar flashes and the pink umbrella holder are done then I'll let you know :D

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Welshwit, im no 8, whats it like to be up there at no 5, heady times indeed!, I hope the power of being number 5 hasnt changed you and your still a man of the people and that the rumours about you kicking tramps isnt true (HOW A BUSHSHIRT CHANGES SOME PEOPLE......:lmao:)

Colin

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm too tired to posty a long reply as i've been up now for 30 hours , needless to say i've been in , got measured and tested with my smock by the little old lady Kev keeps handcuffed to a radiator down in the sub-basement , I've offered to go back in to Exeter for a retry as soon as Kev gives me the Nod , which MAY be Sat or Mon depending on how much they get done.

Please bear in mind ( me getting a tad defensive, on someone else behalf ) Endicotts is a Army surplus shop 1st and foremost , I can't think of any other Surplus shop that would give this sort of custom bespoke project the possibilty of happening , let alone the time and attention to detail that this will require from Kev and his staff.

As mentioned a couple of times here so far , the test smocks ARE the most important ones and WILL take some trial and error to get right. Everyone WILL benefit from this time and experimentation that is being done NOW.
Kev said today that between His smock ( already made ) and when mine is produced ( in works now ) that this will provide the baseline for the other smocks to be rolled out akin to a manufacturing line.

Also mentioned a couple times so far are comments that these smocks are worth a wait and soemone has mentioned being willing to wait for a year to recieved theirs. While i dont think a year is very likely at all , I do think that if we can all maintain some patience the end results will far,far outstrip the time waited.

1st post on this subject was by LBL kicking the idea off on the 12-12-2009 , todays date is 14-01-2010, so just over a month from conception , interest , R & D , to initital manufacture , all done via the lovely internet forum, not in person face-to-face. ( With pesky Christmas and New Year period inbetween ) I don't think thats very shabby at all?

Apologies if this comes over a little overly defensive , i'm just trying to breathe some reality back into expectations and timeframe. Its happening, Its happening Now and soon , very soon everyone will get what they desire... I'm getting in there to do my bit when work allows and Kevs has got his Smock Goblin locked,loaded and ready to sew.

As for being a "Test Dummy" i'm suitably qualified , i've been banging my thick Troglodyte head against solid brick walls as far back as i can remember.

So please, patience , its a virtue innit?!

####EDIT#### Post was actually quite long. Sorry!!

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
i know what a no 2 is, i dont want to live long enough to find out what a no 8 is and i wonder if that axe will be needed for it LBL.... :lmao:

But isnt it fun waiting for the phone call from kev and what we will all end up with because i keep changing my options on a daily basis, so it will kind of be a lottery when it does C O M E ...(and no jokes about that being a no 8)

Colin...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thanks for the update TD.

It's really appreciated the work you LBL and Kev are doing to get this right for everyone :You_Rock_

Thanks Steve ,

To be fair I'm just the chunky arsed mannequin , real hats off should go to Kev and Mark ( LBL ) for doing it and making it happen. As mentioned i really can't think of ANY other surplus shop that would entertain such a madcap scheme;-

RING-RING,RING-RING "Endicotts....Hello Mark,.. you've got an idea, have you ?? Lets hearr it then........ Bespoke wool blanket smocks with a range of Options for 50 people?!!......... Yep, no problem. Bring it on ~"

What was clearly conveyed to me from his enthusiasm and interest into getting this RIGHT was that Kev ( Endicotts ) really want to nail this project for all the right reasons.

Going off to bed now, toodle-pip chaps.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE