Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
LBL, I'm not going for the easy joke , else Toddy will scorn me....this after all a family forum:rolleyes:

Oh...and do you have my licence to use the word 'tranche'?
Funnily enough, looking at your definition I had no idea it has a financial services dimension. People will assume that I am a bbbbbanker and then the hit squad will certainly come out for me! Anyway.....and wrongly assuming that I am some sort of rich, city-slicker....I have always used the word tranche in this context http://www.bbr.com/fine-wine/en-primeur-overview ;) :D

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I think if when started the measurement that we measure with a baselayer .
On endy's website he wears it with only a baselayer. But if we measure our naked body then the shirt would be to small if we were a sweater under the shirt.

So maybe we have to measure with a sweater on so the shirt will fit in both conditions.

I am expecting this garment not to be close fitting and for it to have plenty of room for layers and to trap warm air. But your point is a sound one. TeeDee, what did Kev measure you in? A base layer, sweater or naked?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Naked ,bent over with a Tulip.......

He measure me with my fleece on ( Helly ) and just an under base layer , i think that when Kev needs the measurements he can specify how he wants them to be taken , that way he can just add a nominal amount to each measurement as he would have seen any diff between the two measurements he took off me and himself.

Does that make sense?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Naked ,bent over with a Tulip.......

He measure me with my fleece on ( Helly ) and just an under base layer , i think that when Kev needs the measurements he can specify how he wants them to be taken , that way he can just add a nominal amount to each measurement as he would have seen any diff between the two measurements he took off me and himself.

Does that make sense?

Yes. Thanks for that.

Although I am struggling to make sense of the tulip :D

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I realise now that i should have asked while i was there , but i forgot...just too much kit in the shop to look at!!

Did we ever get an answer to what sort of weather proofing was going to be used if people went down that route?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I realise now that i should have asked while i was there , but i forgot...just too much kit in the shop to look at!!

Did we ever get an answer to what sort of weather proofing was going to be used if people went down that route?

I have asked Kev in an email but this coincided with the bad weather and I thought it might have slipped his mind. Will remind him when I speak to him next. Thanks

Mark

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I am talking to Kev about proofing at the moment. He is test washing and proofing some of the fabric garment this weekend to decide which is more effective.

I expect it will be a Lanolin rich wash/proof versus something like Nikwax Polarproof.

LBL

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Am I the only one who had a troubled nights sleep?:eek:
Every time I closed my eyes, images of being naked in Endicotts, clutching a tulip and being measured flooded into my tired and sleepy mind. Have I lost my sanity??:p Did I have any in the first place??:confused:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Am I the only one who had a troubled nights sleep?:eek:
Every time I closed my eyes, images of being naked in Endicotts, clutching a tulip and being measured flooded into my tired and sleepy mind. Have I lost my sanity??:p Did I have any in the first place??:confused:

I'm sure the nightmares will cease once little Kev gets his hands on you!!

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
how much is the basic smock?
without looking through all the posts, seen the cost for all the add-ons

From the 1st post. £49.00

"LATEST UPDATE:

Okay - will try and give as much an update as possible and post this also in the first posting of this thread.

I popped in very, very briefly today and took a look at the shirt. It looks great. Kev said the Mk2 prototype will be finished properly in terms of hems, loose threads, edging stitching, reinforcement darts and integrating various things such as the closure flap and pockets. So it all looks trim and 'polished'.

The buttons will actually end up dead centre for simplicity instead of ranged right or left. Is that okay for everyone?

The basic shirt will be:

* Arms, body, hood (with drawcord in hood hem, made of endicott's famous paracord)
* Choice of three different types of button (or toggle) for neck closure.
* Reinforcement trim/detail to cuffs and to neck closure/flap
* One pocket or 'extra' (to be agreed)

I will be working with Kev on coming up with a list of extras and associated costs, and which 'extras' can be chosen as part of the basic shirt. I'll post these up when I get the info shortly. Extras may include pockets (various), flaps (various), pocket angles, waist drawcord, zips (two-way), extra reinforcement material or cuff strap/buttons.

As far as ordering goes - the first 10 can secure their shirt with a £15 deposit payable to Endicotts (by Paypal) - details will be PM'd to those 10 along with instructions on what to do as far as specifying what extras you want (final cost inc P&P)) and what measurements are needed.

Basically the quicker we can get the green light on things the quicker we can get the ten out.....

I will get back asap with more details.

There is now a link on the Endicott website that will provide extra information and photos
http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_i...oducts_id=1931

Direct link to the extras - options page is here. I think you will agree that its quite a good option-list to make this not only made-to-measure but also customised to your spec

Enjoy......

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_i...oducts_id=1934

Just to clarify - £49 will get you the basic shirt as described plus your choice of a £3/£5 option included in this price. You can then up-spec it per item at the specified cost."

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
thanks, buddy, however just the same as a bush shirt from swanndri, i would like one but fear they look a bit too dare i say it "home made"
if going down that route then why not just make your own like this guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKDgzd6tHvk
at least that way you have the satisfaction of saying" i made that",
just an opinion , i may get one too though!!!!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hey Buddy!! No sweat. With respect to the 'home made' comment , that smock pictured is the R&D Test model so has been 'chopped and changed' around some and various bits cut or sewn to get the underlying principles of it correct , all this R&D has been done on the double quick aswell , so it may not , yet, look 100% perfect.

With reference to making your own , why not, several members here have done so and their items have turned out well , But speaking for myself even if i could get a couple of extra thick blankets for a £10 each i would still rather pay someone £30 odd quid to give me a bespoke made to fit ( cause i be a big lad and most things don't fit ) product that i have spec'd the various options for get a good product rather then me ( knowing what i'm like ) cutting the wrong bits, losing my rag, and ending up with a poncho potatoe sack.

So horses for courses , once my test prototype is made up and complete I will of course stick a review and photo's up here and see what the end article looks like.

thanks, buddy, however just the same as a bush shirt from swanndri, i would like one but fear they look a bit too dare i say it "home made"
if going down that route then why not just make your own like this guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKDgzd6tHvk
at least that way you have the satisfaction of saying" i made that",
just an opinion , i may get one too though!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE