Woodspirit carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
Well, I got my carving knife in the post this morning from Rutlands and the sun is shining so I thought I try it out before work sitting in the garden after a brief skim over the tutorial here: http://bladesandbushcraft.com/index.php?topic=1914.0

So my first effort at a Woodspirit (in fact, first effort at carving). Took about 2 hours and I learned a lot from this guy but still a way to go... can't wait for my eBay carving tools to arrive now!

545537_325498680878487_99473022_n.jpg

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Great first, Looking good there bohXI
I hope your tools will arrive soon so you can whittle away ^^.
Yours sincerely Ruud
Ps welcome to an addictive art ^^

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
Cheers guys, I was quite proud of him - He's now hanging in the van, clattering the sta-nav and windscreen. I'm really hankering the right tools now - will make life so much easier / addictive...:confused:

Steve, I love your work with the spirits, a real inspiration. Think my next one will have err on the side of ire & wrath ;)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Cheers guys, I was quite proud of him - He's now hanging in the van, clattering the sta-nav and windscreen. I'm really hankering the right tools now - will make life so much easier / addictive...:confused:

Steve, I love your work with the spirits, a real inspiration. Think my next one will have err on the side of ire & wrath ;)

made me laugh that bit! but thanks for that mate, just keep em coming, great start and you will see a big difference with a few more gouges, good stuff. :D

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
Hehe, ire and wrath maybe a little strong... :D
There's just so many that have the lovely happy faces of the nice spirit man to protect you. It's refreshing to see you bringing out the side and faces of them that thwarts the evil. :evilangel:

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
well, My cheapo eBay carving tool arrived and boy do they suck - I seem to get better results faster using just a knife - more shopping required me thinks

Biker

well, My cheapo eBay carving tool arrived and boy do they suck - I seem to get better results faster using just a knife - more shopping required me thinks

Just out of interest were they like these? Only they are pretty basic but if given a reall good workover they might carve butter quite well. :lmao:
These ones caught my eye some time ago but I haven't bought any, simply because I don't really need any more carving chisels. Obviously you'd have to fit your own handles to them but they do look pretty good, and the seller's got 100% positive feedback having sold 276 of 'em. Worth a punt if you fancy risking more hard earnt cash on something. No affiliation with either of the sellers by the way, just pointing you in their direction. Keep up that carving, you're off to a good start there.

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
that's the fellas - going to hone them a little and see where i'm at.... when this sunburn's eased a little though ;)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
those sets are great for starters, i still use some of mine now and then for a bit of detail.
thing is they are a bit small for anything thicker than your finger, brilliant for twig spirits! if your going bigger, trade up to bigger tools. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE