Woods bumming bags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Wondering what everyone uses and what you guys are taking with you when you go out just for the day.

It was gorgeous yesterday so I went for a wander and took my new bag along for a spin.

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

Cook kit, stove, fuel bottle, FAK (not shown), lunch (eaten - spicey noodles mmm, an apple, two kiwis, and a chocolate bar); Bandana, firesteel & striker, folding chopsticks, water purifying tablets, SAK Farmer, folding spork, windshield; Toilet paper, harmonica; Fire tin and Raybans; Pocket reference book on trees; fleece.

Quite impressed even if it does look like an overgrown camera bag. Beats having a sweaty back from a rucksack!

So what does everyone else take with them?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
MaxP Jumbo for me too although I sometimes take a Sabre Hydro if I've got the big binos or camera gear with me. I can't be doing with stuff in my pockets so everything goes in a pack apart from a small necker.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
MaxP Jumbo for me too although I sometimes take a Sabre Hydro if I've got the big binos or camera gear with me. I can't be doing with stuff in my pockets so everything goes in a pack apart from a small necker.

Good choices...I sometimes choose the Sitka as an alternative to these two.

All depends what I'm doing. Too many bags... me? Never!:rolleyes:

Simon

Personally i dont like the satchel type bags,
i find if i have one large enough for everything i want(note i didnt say need :)) i tend to lean to one side and if having a long mooch i get aches from having all the weight on one side.
if having a mooch through the woods i like either a standard canvas haversack or a small army surplus rucksack.

water(quite a lot)
brew set
folding saw
id books
maybe some wood carving bits
in honesty its rare i take a day out to bum around the woods tend to go on over nighters more :)

its mainly a hangover from when i made the mistake of taking an indiana jones style satchel on holiday one time too many.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I take a fire kit, SAK, folding saw, knife, water bottle and metal mug, FAK, fruit and brew kit sometimes a hexi stove :)
I carry my kit in a old adidas school bag.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE