Woodlore Pro Knife - Overview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
How come they have changed the Blade shape to more of a Skinner than stay with original Woodlore Icon ?.
Or is that the point, just to make it slightly different?.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
How come they have changed the Blade shape to more of a Skinner than stay with original Woodlore Icon ?.
Or is that the point, just to make it slightly different?.
He’s been working on this new blade shape for 8 years since his old Woodlore was stolen. Ray hasn’t used the old Woodlore shape since 2014/15 now. It’s a bit more specific to how he wants a blade at this point in his career, a thinner pointed tip was his main change, as well as having the blade thickness tapered towards the tip. The handle is exactly the same. It’s thicker at the ricasso at 5mm so he could get a higher grind without it being too fine on the edge at the rear 3 inches where he does most work. There’s more to it than that, but those are his main points.

Reactions: PoppyD

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It slices much better than the previous one. But I didn’t have much problem with that either. You just angle it. If it can finely slice wood to make curly thin feather sticks, then it can do the same to other stuff Including food.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I know. I had a touch up of one the other day. Crossed paths with the now awol fella. He might cuss me out for buying this knife though, so maybe it’s just as well. Shame he and Duncan aren’t around on here anymore.

I know. I had a touch up of one the other day. Crossed paths with the now awol fella. He might cuss me out for buying this knife though, so maybe it’s just as well. Shame he and Duncan aren’t around on here anymore.
he kicks about on Instagram and YouTube still, gave the Bushtool i aquired a freshen up for me.

just buy one, it'll stop him shoutin at you

Haven't seen anythin of Duncan anywheres

Reactions: JonathanD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE