Woodlore Fundamental Bushcraft 05-11 July 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 13, 2009
London
What an amazing week I had on the Fundamental Bushcraft course last week, if I could go back and do it all again, from the beginning I would. Being back in the ‘real world’ is tough….everything seems too fast and noisy! My fingernails are still full of dirt and hair still smells of smoke despite numerous washings!

The only thing I wish I could have done differently was to have just let myself go and enjoy every minute and not worry about silly little things. The group spirit was amazing, what a lovely helpful bunch of people. Hats off to James, Adrian, Sarah and Darren…so patient and full of knowledge! Not forgetting little Jamie…so full of fun!

Now what course shall I take next…

Emma

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Having been inspired by Roger's example, I repacked my kit last night - have gone from a Crusader Vulcan and daypack (total 150 litres) down to a Sabre 45 and side pouches (just under 75 litres) and one of the side pouches is nearly empty. It's amazing how much you don't need when you really think about it...

Jul 15, 2009
ireland
Well Toby bud,

Hows the craic?!! yeah it really was a brilliant week, learned a mountain of stuff!! Props to James, Sarah, Adrian and Darren, legends!! Im draggin a few of my friends out this weekend for a couple of days already, haha!! I finished my spoon too and its pretty good if I may say so myself!! Big howdy to all our group!!

John

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I burned my spoon during the tests rather than show it to the instructors! Still having difficulty readjusting to reality, would rather be out in the woods than dealing with the endless stream of BS that is modern life. Many thanks for your endless stream of banter last week, kept us all going :)

Please send me a private message with link to any photos you have, I'm doing same for you now.

Cheers

Tobes

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you thought the Fundamentals course was full of surprises, wait till you do the Journeyman, that is just something else.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've got that to do next year. I've also got on the very first Intermediate Bushcraft course they're running next year. I managed to catch the little wifey in an extremely good mood and she was very nice to me :D

So no one knows what exciting thing's they've got planned for the students. Ought to be fun :rolleyes:

dErik

Jul 16, 2009
Finally found this place! Nice one for sorting it Toby.

Yep, totally agree with Emma. It was hard work, but a great bunch of people who really made it enjoyable. I'd do it again in a second.

Back in London I've had a week from hell that has almost driven the spirit from last week out, but this weekend I hope to get back to my spoon.

Got some photos / videos (large filesize tho) if anyone wants them and will be after yours too.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If you thought the Fundamentals course was full of surprises, wait till you do the Journeyman, that is just something else.

I became the 'designated' collator of all attendee's photographs for my Journeyman course and as we were all using digital camera's I was able to assemble an internet gallery where all the images from all the cameras ran in chronological sequence, thus 'telling the story' of our week. Having pulled together everyone's original raw files I was able to give each attendee a copy of those along with the lower quality images in the gallery.

(the internal clocks of two cameras were set incorrectly, however by asking the owners of those cameras to send me an email comparing their 'cameras time' with 'real time' I was able to make adjustments so that those images fell into sync with the others.)

A memorable week indeed.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE