Woodland tipple

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I'm sat here in the warmth of my abode drinking snake-bites and dreaming of a night in the woods (hopefully tomorrow) and wondered what other people like to drink around the fire or chilling in the hammock at this time of year. Tis cold now for most of us so i'm sure the harder stuff maybe a bit more popular.
Myself, im drawn to cognac, chilled in the lid pocket, brings out flavours that you just don't get at room temprature in a warm glass, really a totally different flavour altogether.
Now i could make this a poll but the options would be endless and my eye's are starting to blurr!
So fire away with the mead suggestions :lmao:

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Good dark rum, in a metal hip-flask, thats been in an inside pocket for the last four hours.
After setting up camp, you just can't beat it

H.

Gods!!, thats my first post on here

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Then welcome to you, Sir! Rum eh? There're a few of those piratey types kicking about on here, something to do with a naughty corner or something? Anyway, I'm sure you will find out!

I used to take a nip of whisky. That's whisky, not whiskey! Alas, Wayland introduced a bunch of us to Stags Breath which has become a firm fave with me and a few others aswell!

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Bit of a puff here I'm afraid, :dunno: I'm not very good with spirits so tend to stick with beer for meals. After a meal and just sitting around I'll either have some more beer :D current favourites are Isle of Arran blonde or Peetermans, or kick onto a nice Rioja.

Red wine helps reduce the number of times I have to go to water the forest. It's nice warmed up a bit too. Which reminds me, my lexan wine glass for next weekend hmmm forget I said that, maybe I should get a rufty tufty pottery wine cup or hand carve a Kuksa... from iron wood... with my teeth. ;)

I'd like to try the stags breath, probably wasted on me but it sounds good.

Cheers,

Alan

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Nothing wrong with dark rum, best with a gin chaser though :)
Welcome aboard, everybody knows drinks best consumed in the open air, along with all things smoked ay chainsaw :rolleyes: , down to my last 3 marlboro reds so must be time for bed :lmao:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Any decent single malt - I'm working through a bottle of Isle Of Jura Malt, mmmmmm!
I carry it in one of these when out and about, -

806770_-_black_with_cup[ekm]161x300[ekm].jpg

Simon

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I like a bit of Rum myself, golden Rum is good Appleton estate, Brandy is nice, I tasted my homemade Cherry Brandy the other day it was so nice I had to put it away again as its not ready until January. I'm really into the Stags Breath at the minute, I've been stocking up ready for Christmas, Its a really good drink.

Simon.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Nice single malt whisky for me. Glenmorangie being my preferred tipple ever since Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod strolled into that bar in New York and ordered one!

"There can be only one!"

Ace film. Still gives me goosebumps when I hear the theme music by Queen.............and still sniffle at the bit when his wife Heather died :puppy_dog

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
On our essex meet ups it 3 or 4 bottles of Port passed around in the Drinking horn then we go onto the hard stuff it will be a bottle of slow gin on our next outing washed down with a few cans of ale I dont really agree with all that drinking buisness BUT you have to toast the wood for providing us with shelter and fire ect Cheers mates

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Well Stag's Breath is a firm favourite but I usually relax with a good cider if I can get one.

Wine mulled over the campfire is pretty good too. In fact that gives me an idea for Middlewood........
What is Stag's Breath?

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
With EdS on this one. Sloe gin is champion. Bumper crop of sloes this year so i have 4ltrs under my stairs which will be getting ready to drink soon. YUM!:D

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
With EdS on this one. Sloe gin is champion. Bumper crop of sloes this year so i have 4ltrs under my stairs which will be getting ready to drink soon. YUM!:D

So, where do I find you then??

Hiraeth, Pussers is good, my old man (12 hitch in the grey funnel line) says that Lambs navy is as close to the issue blackstrap as you can get. I've just discovered Canetrader (£10 a ltr bottle), its really better then you'd think at that price :D

If we're talking malts it would have to be an Islay, any of them

One of the reasons behind the rum is for 'gunsmoke' in the morning :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jack Daniels in a matching 6oz metal flask, sometimes take a couple of mixers but usually just sip it neat. Warms you up nicely this time of year.

:1244: :1244: All in moderation though of course :1244: :1244:

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE