woodie clone, " fat flat knife " and damascus camp knife.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
At last , after far too long i have managed to get some time and pretty much finish 3 knives!

I started these a long time ago, but time runs away and well things don't get done.

Anyway here are a few for your viewing.

First is a standard " woodie" clone

Blade made by a member here although i can't remeber who:(

Dressed in spalted beech and with red liners. This knife has stainless pins and at the moment has not been oiled as it needs another wire wool rubbing.

PICT0805.jpg

PICT0807.jpg

What appears to be a gap against the tang is an optical illusion.... I just noticed it in the picture...hmmmmm
PICT0808.jpg

The next is an O1 steel blade made by Johan.

This is a real hefty one too.

Blade length is 110 mm and handle length the same. The steel is 4 mm thick and the blade 30 mm deep ( i told him to get the most from the steel)

At first i was not too sure about this blade. Thought it might just prove too heavy. I am still not 100 about it but non the less it is going to be very durable.
It is dressed in spalted beech ( from the same block as the last one). This one has had one oil treatment in Boiled linseed and terps. It is very attractive in the flesh.

PICT0812.jpg

PICT0814.jpg

PICT0813.jpg

Thirdly and by no means lastly a large damascus camp type knife thing!

The blade on this is a good 5" and overall leanth is near on 10.

The blade comes from 2 finger knife company and is made of around 125 layers of 1095 and 15N20C. It is sharp and will be durable. It is finished in single colour staining Curly birch, with hollow pins ( thanks MIK!)

I had no wood in the length i needed so the scales are slightly small to my mind. This too has only had one oil treatment.

PICT0811.jpg

PICT0809.jpg

Thanks for ooking and as always comments are welcomed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE