Wooden KFS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I’ve noticed some of the posher sandwich/take-away food shops are now dispensing wooden knife, fork and spoon sets. These are great for bushcraft use – just burn them after eating, no washing up!

ranger

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey...also, McDonalds now do wooden spatulars as coffee stirrers rather than those horrid plastic things they used to have. They are with the condiments so you can litterally grab handfulls, I keep a small hand full held together with a rubber band in my possibles pouch as dry kindling. I've also sharpened them to use as tooth picks and trimmed them to use as chop sticks....Thanks Ronald, you yellow and red freek! :eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
As long as you don't purchase anything from Mcd's it's all good!

Good idea though, i hadn't thought of that.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Thats right i never like the rain forests anyway.. :roll:

seems wasteful to me.. i presume they dont use there wooden stirers more then once.. they just get chucked away (im 99% sure McD's dont re-cycle)
why not just get a bunch of spoons and wash them up when they have been used then use them again :?:

jakunen

Native
Or do as Gary and I do, just whittle one while waiting for the kettle to boil...and then leave it as an offering to the woods.

Mind you, if you're on a scout site, just wander around for a bit. You'll soon have a large canteen of cutlery, several billies, a load of cordage...

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
jakunen said:
Mind you, if you're on a scout site, just wander around for a bit. You'll soon have a large canteen of cutlery, several billies, a load of cordage...
:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Coldn't agree more about McDonalds but I'd rather they used wood where's there's a slim chance they may have used a managed forest than the old plastic stuff which is clearly unhealthy for the earth!

I've always had what is know in the forces as a "racing spoon", it's a slightly cut down version of a normal desert spoon with a hole drilled through it at the top so it can be tied to the button hole on your smock with a bit of paracord.....very little I can't eat in a hurry with it! :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE