woodcraft school course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 14, 2008
uk
Hi,

I am looking at going on a bushcraft course with woodcraft school particularly the axe workshop has anyone been on this course before that could give me some advice?

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
haven't been on the axe workshop but apparantly it's superb!! As is the bow making one. I personally went on the essential bushcraft week and it was incredible, john is a superb teacher! If it wasn't for my exams I would be doing the axe workshop this year!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
John runs a very good course. You'll learn - and remember - pretty much everything because the atmosphere he creates is relaxed but purposeful, with humour and fun thrown in to boot.

I'm currently doing his Bushcraft Leadership course and it is the best thing I have done - ever.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
As the others have said John runs excellent courses.

My next course with him is the new Primitive Crafts course he is running.

John is a professional Woodsman as well as a Bushcraft instructor and so has a fantastic level of knowledge and skill to call upon.

Go for it.

George

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Hi,

I am looking at going on a bushcraft course with woodcraft school particularly the axe workshop has anyone been on this course before that could give me some advice?

I have been on several courses with John and the guys at Woodcraft and simply can't rate them high enough. I have done the axe course and had a brilliant time. You certainly won't regret it.

Advice if you decide to go? Not a lot. Just go and have fun. Arrange to get your axe when you arrive and they will sort you a good one.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Agree with all the above! :) Did the Axe workshop a couple of years ago and it was excellent; recommend it unreservedly.

I'll definately be out with Woodsmoke again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE