Woodburner complete £34

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looks like a very nice little stove!!

It is, but not so great for cooking on. There just isn't enough direct contact for halfway efficient heat exchange and due to the design, any excess heat is pumped straight up the chimney :( .

I don't think the chimney has anywhere near enough draw and it might as well not have the dampers as closing the door with both front and rear dampers open effectively kills the fire :( .

The chimney's a pita too. Unfortunately the bottom of each section fits on the outside of the section below, which means any tarring can dribble down the outside of the lower sections ~ it also means that when the chimney cools the tarring bonds the sections together.

Unless it's the smaller version I think the 6kg as listed on the Amazon link is a bit ... conservative.

I have emailed the seller to see if he can knock anything off if the shipping

DIY from scraps laying around or save up and get something with a flat top.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
It is, but not so great for cooking on. There just isn't enough direct contact for halfway efficient heat exchange and due to the design, any excess heat is pumped straight up the chimney :( .

I don't think the chimney has anywhere near enough draw and it might as well not have the dampers as closing the door with both front and rear dampers open effectively kills the fire :( .

The chimney's a pita too. Unfortunately the bottom of each section fits on the outside of the section below, which means any tarring can dribble down the outside of the lower sections ~ it also means that when the chimney cools the tarring bonds the sections together.

Unless it's the smaller version I think the 6kg as listed on the Amazon link is a bit ... conservative.

DIY from scraps laying around or save up and get something with a flat top.

Cheers for that Phil.
I would love a wood stove but first I think I new summit to put it in lol.

Tbh I also still like the frontier stove so I may just get one of those eventually!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE