Wood pellet Sat stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Messing about with my sat stove,I decided to try wood pellets as an alternative fuel...so I put a couple of handfuls in the bottom and used a fire lighter to get it going

ha7ejysu.jpg

6a7y3e4y.jpg

yga9e9ah.jpg

Stuck a full pot of water on, about a litre, lid on top and started timing

dyze4uma.jpg

Just over 7 mins to a rolling boil, not bad

buhy2y4a.jpg

Now the next thing I decided to try is dutch oven style baking. I've heard of this before and thought I'd give it a whirl. So I put a bit of flour in a jug with an egg, bit of sugar,handful of raisins and a splash of water, nothing measured or weighed of course as i wouldnt know the measurements anyway.
Then I lined the main pot with tin foil, shiny side in

mysa3aza.jpg

Spooned in the mix

usu4eqaq.jpg

Folded over the foil

y6y4a8yz.jpg

Stuck it on the embers with the lid on the top

9evusene.jpg

And then forgot about it for 40 mins.

Result....WOW........

Tastes like Dog muck with sugar on the top, watery in the middle. Complete disaster lol

Next time I'll try it with charcoal and put some embers in the lid as well :)

Nothing ventured,nothing gained

Last edited by a moderator:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Love the description:lmao:

I watched a vid by the hungry hammock hanger doing bannock ( I think ) he put charcoals in the lid after lining that too, to even out the cooking.
Are the pellets a very slow burn?

Rob.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Had dozens of woodfires in one of my SAT windshields. Turns a rather fetching bronze colour, and definitely feels a bit more malleable. But still does a good job in trangia alcohol-mode, supporting pans as per normal..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE