Wolf & grizz fishing together.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Beautiful footage. Is it just me though? Or does that wolf look more like a coyote? He's awful thin (unmuscular) looking and long legged for a wolf. And traveling alone is an ordinary coyote trait whereas it's rare (if ever) in wolves.

No it's definately a wolf. (The way it moves;colouring, the shape of it's head,it's size compared to the bears etc.)............Alaskan & Canadian wolves are leaner & longer legged than their counterparts further south, this is especially noticable when they are in their summer coats.
Wolves often travel alone in the warmer months as they can subsist on smaller prey, also young wolves leaving their 'parental ' pack will wander alone until they can intergrate another pack .

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No it's definately a wolf. (The way it moves;colouring, the shape of it's head,it's size compared to the bears etc.)............Alaskan & Canadian wolves are leaner & longer legged than their counterparts further south, this is especially noticable when they are in their summer coats.
Wolves often travel alone in the warmer months as they can subsist on smaller prey, also young wolves leaving their 'parental ' pack will wander alone until they can intergrate another pack .

Thanks. I wasn't absolutely sure either way TBH. And you're right about how their size seems different when they lose their undercoat (my own wolf did this twice a year actually) And the head shape is definitely more wolfy. I was also wondering if maybe a hybrid?

However this is the first I've ever heard (apart from fiction) that wolf packs disperse in the Summer. Are you sure? (from personal knowledge)

At any rate it great footage as I said.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE