WK Strikers - FOR BIG HANDED PEOPLE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
As the title says, Hand Forged Flint Strikers made by me :)
For people with BIG hands :yikes:

I got fed up with catching my knuckles using small fiddly strikers :( so I've hand made some bigger ones that are easier to use.;)
They are all made from high Carbon steel and tested for sparks after finishing.:cool:
When finished, all are heated :campfire: to critical and water quenched twice to align the atoms and make them throw good sparks (several work with a strong stroking action instead of the usual glancing blow) :35:

Only 4 & 6 left now

Big handed WK Strikers 1.jpg

Big handed WK Strikers 3.jpg

1) £10 Centre "hole" is 100mm x 30mm SOLD
2) £14 - Sold Centre "hole" is 65mm x 35mm
3) £10 Centre "hole" is 100mm x 25mm SOLD

Big handed WK Strikers 5.jpg

4) £9 Centre "hole" is 70mm x 30mm
5) £8 Centre "hole" is 70mm x 25mm Sold
6) £7 Centre "hole" is 60mm x 20mm

All include P&P and PayPal fees as Gift or Money Owed Please ;)

Please remember if you cut yourself using it, bash your knuckles, set your self on fire, yadda, yadda, you will be using these, as you do with all of my wares, at your own risk

Last edited:

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
these items are just superb!! kev sent me two of them and I cant choose which one I like the most!!
I cant recomend them enough he was exactly right when he said they will strike from a glancing blow as usual but they do work by pressure and that is just smart! well done kev keep em coming!!!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
these items are just superb!! kev sent me two of them and I cant choose which one I like the most!!
I cant recomend them enough he was exactly right when he said they will strike from a glancing blow as usual but they do work by pressure and that is just smart! well done kev keep em coming!!!
I'm so pleased they work well for you :35:. I hope you can grip them better than the others you've seen.;)
The reason they work with pressure is they're made from a very high content carbon and hammer forged and hardened twice to realign the molecules.
Anyone else that has a poor grip that fancies one (or just need a good striker), give me an email;)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
As to make some more strikers (a draw knife and spoon blade as well) :)

4 hours of hammering later :yikes: (good job the neighbours are old and deaf so have their TV's on loud)

Strikers271010b.jpg

Strikers271010c.jpg

the steel wouldn't stretch as I wanted it to make it symmetrical so may chop a little off the long side before heat treating
and a commission(maybe) for some to go in strike-a-light sets (without file marks as much as possible)

Strikers271010d.jpg

all still need heat treating (I ran out of gas - both me and the forge:lmao::lmao:) and a light polish

B

bushboy1

kev, when will theblade and draw knife bedone and how much mate?

bushboy1(needs answers)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Just making sure I've got enough 01 steel and got to fetch some more propane,then should be on it tonight. I'll get them made then see how much time/steel/gas I've used as to the cost. As usual, I won't hurt you with the price :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE