Wish list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Do you have a thread like this already?

Thought it would be fun and interesting to see what other people wish for :)
The wishes should be fairly realistic (I wish for an Aston Martin and an Apache helicopter, but it will not end up on my wish list because it is not realistic...at least not for the moment), and you may add new wishes whenever you want.
It would be very nice to know why you chose your items, so others might learn something from you.

I´ll start with the items that are on the top of my list right now:

- Alfa Gaupen Vinter http://alfa.no/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=30:gaupe-vinter&Itemid=577
I´m sorry that it´s in norwegian, but I can`t seem to find a webpage in english. This model combines shoe and gaiter and when it´s from Alfa I´m not afraid to spend my money on it. That´s based on my own experience with the brand. You have to shoot Alfa shoes before they give in ;)
It is supposed to be a nice all rounder, for hunting, ice fishing and hiking. It´s quite light; 850 grams in size 42 and has been tested down to -25 degrees with no problem. It seems like a shoe that fits my needs :)

- Bergans Morgedal http://www.route62.eu/bilder/artiklar/zoom/6607_1.jpg
I want a new one because the old one was eaten by mischievous critters! Curses! Awesome piece of clothing that keeps the claustrophobia at bay even when all my clothes makes me feel (and look) like the Michelin man.

- Norrøna Recon Pack http://www.norrona.com/Products/0049-03/recon-synkroflex-pack-125l

OR

- Norrøna Para Ranger http://www.norrona.com/Products/0045-00/para-ranger-synkron-pack-120l
These ones are based on my friends recommendations and research online. I´ve tried the Para Ranger, and if the Recon pack is to long for my back, I´ll go for the PR.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I think my wishlist is perhaps a bit more idealogical rather than item specific at this stage.

- Manufacturers of outdoor kit to make stuff in non bright colours. Why does everything have to be YELLOW* or RED ?

- Outdoor equipment/clothing companies to make women specific kit that isn't twice the price, or PINK

No doubt I'll write an equipment wish list at somepoint, but this is my starter.

J

*capitalised as it's not just yellow, but YELLOW.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'd love a pair of Gore-tex trousers to match the truly superb Taiga jacket I bought a little while ago. The cut, facilities and comfort of the jacket are superb; if the trousers are even half as good, they'll be truly awesome.

On a more general front, I wish that manufacturers would make trousers in longer lengths. My legs are not overly long but trying to get hold of a pair with a 34" leg length (that don't need to be turned up - my sewing is disastrous...) can be testing to say the least!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
1; Northern Outfitters Arctic Bib and Parka

2; Fourdog Ti Stove

3; Klattermusen Freke Salopettes

4; Roll of 0.75 oz green camo Cuben Fibe

5; These;

83_huskies-on-bench.jpg-960x518.jpg

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I think my wishlist is perhaps a bit more idealogical rather than item specific at this stage.

- Manufacturers of outdoor kit to make stuff in non bright colours. Why does everything have to be YELLOW* or RED ?

- Outdoor equipment/clothing companies to make women specific kit that isn't twice the price, or PINK

I totally agree!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'd love a pair of Gore-tex trousers to match the truly superb Taiga jacket I bought a little while ago. The cut, facilities and comfort of the jacket are superb; if the trousers are even half as good, they'll be truly awesome.

On a more general front, I wish that manufacturers would make trousers in longer lengths. My legs are not overly long but trying to get hold of a pair with a 34" leg length (that don't need to be turned up - my sewing is disastrous...) can be testing to say the least!

LOL. I need a 32" length (and a 42' waist!) but don't have too much trouble finding them.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Half the Empire Canvas Works catalogue.
Fison Wool Double Mackinaw.
Winter cabin above the Arctic Circle.

...and world peace!

Best.

Cat.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-Ruger K77/357
-McClellan saddle (current issue)
-Family camper trailer
-Shoulder holsters for three of my current carry guns along with the shoulder harness (preferably from El Paso Saddlery)
-A good handgun for my daughter

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
granite gear military rucksack
a large luxurious tent in cuben and carbon fibre
satellite phone
night vision goggles
electronic mosquito repeller

they are on the fairytale list really.

Things on the real wish list.

True bushcraft knife
lightweigth synthetic sleeping bag like mountain hardware ultra lamina
flocculants for water purification

things that are not invented yet

superb solar panel that works in cloud
ultra lightweight camp bed
titanium 1litre flask.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
To be fit and healthy enough to get out again like I used to. They're slowly rebuilding me and I'm getting there. But it's frustrating. Your body and brain are the best bits of kit you'll own, so look after them.:)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Hmm. Lets see.
- two pairs of M75 jackets that would actually fit a normal human being (the guy who made up the size scale for these jackets must have been on some heavy drugs).
- two pairs of M75 trousers.
- a GB Froe
- a birch bark canoe.
- a couple of thick good quality reindeer skins.
- a good winter sleeping bag.
- a pair of Aasnes Nato mountainskis with Alfa shoes.
- a new and approwed gun safe.
- two Mauser M98 rifles, one in 6,5 and one in 30-06.
- more quality woodworking tools
- some 1000 hectares of good woodland.
- some good quality Yew staves and some good Elm staves, pluss a load of good quality flint and a couple of handfulls of goose wing feathers.
- a better place to set up my workshop.
- time
- money to pay for it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE