WinterMoot 2019

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry, missed this completely, I've had no notification that it was down at all and I've just checked and there's no record of it, anyone else experience this outage? I've been on there a few times these last days and all's good...
Thanks for letting us know...

photonician

Jun 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Sorry, missed this completely, I've had no notification that it was down at all and I've just checked and there's no record of it, anyone else experience this outage? I've been on there a few times these last days and all's good...
Thanks for letting us know...
No worries! For reference, it was complaining about a missing SQL plugin needed for WordPress (I think? Can't remember the specifics)

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Just to let you all know that we'll be having a winter Moot in Febuary of next year (2019)

We'll get up more details in a short while, this is what we have for now.

WinterMoot
Date - Febuary 18-24th 2019
Location - Merthyr Mawr, South Wales (Same location as the Summer Moot)

The Winter Moot is a new event that we've introduced to give you the opportunity to camp during the winter amongst friends and for us to share our knowledge and learn from each other.

We would like this Moot will focus on cooking and staying warm. Please note that this is not instructor lead but rather a knowledge sharing social event allowing us to share ideas, food, show each other skills ranging from fire lighting to dutch oven cooking etc. All in a relaxed location and atmosphere where we can do as much or as little as we want.

Everyone will be able to come and camp, use the facilities etc. We'll make sure there's firewood available. some people will want to come for the week and others just for a few days or the weekend.
i will try to make it

py6km

Mar 4, 2014
UK
Have booked up for a couple of nights (which I may extend), but will be joining from the Wednesday as it's half term that week and can't get away on the Monday. Hopefully it's ok to rock up then and still be able to secure a nice spot!

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
As my usual winter trip to Scotland has been cancelled this year the boss has told me I have to go to the WinterMoot instead. C U there :)

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
As someone mentioned earlier re tent and tarp space, I too would like to have that only problem is I may need help setting up , as “ I have all the gear with limited idea”!!!! Plus age catching up. I am planning on coming for a couple of nights if plans work out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
As someone mentioned earlier re tent and tarp space, I too would like to have that only problem is I may need help setting up , as “ I have all the gear with limited idea”!!!! Plus age catching up. I am planning on coming for a couple of nights if plans work out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be plenty of folk on hand to offer advice on pitching your hammock.

I’m going to be trying out my new toy. An Amok Draumr 3.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There will be plenty of folk on hand to offer advice on pitching your hammock.

I’m going to be trying out my new toy. An Amok Draumr 3.

I thought you were off new purchases! That looks like a nice bit of kit, looking forward to seeing it in action!

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Tony, just pulled the trigger on a ticket for the upcoming moot, will I get a ticket in the post or should I just turn up and seek you all out ?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tony, just pulled the trigger on a ticket for the upcoming moot, will I get a ticket in the post or should I just turn up and seek you all out ?
Hey Mate, you should have had an email with instructions, I'll have a list of everyone and tick you off when you arrive.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Hey Mate, you should have had an email with instructions, I'll have a list of everyone and tick you off when you arrive.
checks inbox.. yep email & pdf arrived :)

PS: shall be easy to spot, look for the wheezing old fool under a bergan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE