Winter Moot 2020 - 17 - 23rd Feb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is the problem, we can only get firewood from the estate now, I used to ship in all our firewood but they've put a stop to that, quoting environmental concerns such as Ash Dieback. The Summer Moot firewood costs have shot up. I've talked to them a few times about ti and there's no budging on it.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I don't remember that many ash on site. Maybe that's because of the firewood ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

K8Moose

Oct 10, 2019
Farnham
Just booked and looking forward to it!
Bumped in to Matt and Sam on some DofE training - someone else on the course is looking in to getting a deer, or maybe two!

Feb 23, 2014
Wirral
I assume there is parking nearby? I’ve never been to a moot. I don’t mind a bit of a walk in, but I’ll be driving down so need somewhere to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2014
Wirral
There is parking right on site. It is possible to pitch up 10 yards from your car if you really have to. Others may provide more detail but parking is not an issue.

Great! I’ll try camp as far away from the car as possible, but nice to know I don’t have to carry the Dutch oven etc. Too far

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Go to the main bushmoot site ( where you bought tickets from ) on the main page there is a link to Information and on that page there is an aerial map. It shows a track / unmetaled road leading into the site and a big car park at the end. There is a small area nearby with little tree cover showing, that in turn is where the reception building is.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Tony usually has a couple of barrows for moving gear if needed. He does in the summer - not sure about the wintermoot!

Reactions: SurvivORR Bushcraft
Feb 23, 2014
Wirral
Go to the main bushmoot site ( where you bought tickets from ) on the main page there is a link to Information and on that page there is an aerial map. It shows a track / unmetaled road leading into the site and a big car park at the end. There is a small area nearby with little tree cover showing, that in turn is where the reception building is.

Found it. Very helpful page. There looks plenty of room to each have a space. Looking forward to it all

Feb 23, 2014
Wirral
Tony usually has a couple of barrows for moving gear if needed. He does in the summer - not sure about the wintermoot!

That may come in handy, but looks like I’ll probably be ok! Thanks for the tip

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
It's a big site. 300 acres. Depends how lost you want to make your camp. There's no reception on site, but plenty of nice people and warm fires to sit by.

It's the 2nd winter moot. I missed the first. Looking forward to a week of relaxing by the fire. It'll be nice to meet you.

Reactions: SurvivORR Bushcraft
Feb 23, 2014
Wirral
It's a big site. 300 acres. Depends how lost you want to make your camp. There's no reception on site, but plenty of nice people and warm fires to sit by.

It's the 2nd winter moot. I missed the first. Looking forward to a week of relaxing by the fire. It'll be nice to meet you.

Wow that’s fantastic! I like lost solo moments and group moments so I’m sure I’ll be sharing a story or two with you at some point. It will be good to meet you all

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com

It's worth me pointing out that the campsite for this Moot will be a bit more restricted to the main camping area which runs around the back of the carparks through to the front gate and over past the viking hut not the trees on that side, I'm sure that a little ways out of that area is fine, but the estate don't want people in the deep woods.

That's their main policy now so we're negotiating over the Summer Moot and that should be fine and little impact on the Summer Moot

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Fair enough Tony, I wasn't aware of the changes for that. They're hard work aren't they! Means no camping dingly dell side then? I'd just bought all the gear for a reasonable size tarp to go up somewhere so I'm going to have to get adventurous in finding a new pitch!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE