2023 Winter Moot - Festival of Outdoor Cookery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tickets are available for the WinterMoot13-19th Feb 2023

The 2023 WinterMoot will be held at Rough Close Scout site Nr Coventry so it's a nice central location for most people. Here's some extra info:

Winter Moot - A Festival Of Outdoor Cookery​

A week camping in mid-February may sound mad, but with warm fires, great food and relaxing company, it's always a warm and friendly experience for all.

At the Winter Moot, you will get the opportunity to be as involved as you would like, relax by the fire or get stuck in preparing and cooking alongside experienced outdoor cooks. You can have fun; baking, butchering, roasting, smoking, frying and more. Practice your skills or learn from scratch in a relaxed and friendly environment.

Tickets are available for the whole event or individual days. All tickets include the following**:
Camping: Tents, hammock, tarps, *Campervan
Facilities: Toilets, Showers, Washing up area, Water etc
Firewood: Fires need to be off the ground except in designated areas. You can bring firewood.
Workshops: These are ongoing through the week.
Food
*: Shared produce from workshops, tasters and snacks.
Meals: If you want a breakfast or an evening meal, you will be able to book and pay a small fee on-site the day before.
Great company
A relaxing break

2020wintermoot_timn2.jpg

**Please note that we do not supply any camping equipment or food for main meals.
*Campervan -
Limited spaces and located away from the main camping/cooking area
*Food - Everyone will be able to try the food cooked in workshops, some of the food may be kept back for full Meals. There’s no hard and fast rule other than we enjoy ourselves cooking.

108-wmoot.jpg

IMG_20200219_135250.jpg

2020wintermoot_george_87040394_10157168978234385_5289073313866317824_o.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
With no mud slide paths to stop me getting to the cook area, this year I hope to get to sample some of the Forest Knights cooking!:D

Reactions: Wayne

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's worth mentioning that there will be breakfasts and dinners available each day from the Forest Knights team, this worked really well last moot and was delicious.

It will be a sign up the day before arrangement where you state if you want a breakfast, dinner or both. The price will be the same as last year - £3.50 breakfast & £7.50 evening meal.
When you sign up your name will go in the book for the next day.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
This keeps popping into my mind……
I haven’t been to a Moot for a good number of years and to be honest I’m quite tickled to drive Westwards in my old LR and have a week of fun and skill learning.
Next thing is to ask my dear wife…..
S.

Reactions: Tony

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
This keeps popping into my mind……
I haven’t been to a Moot for a good number of years and to be honest I’m quite tickled to drive Westwards in my old LR and have a week of fun and skill learning.
Next thing is to ask my dear wife…..
S.

Swyn would be good to see you. The wintermoot is a more relaxed than the summermoot with focus on cooking chilling out around the fire sharing tall tales and favourite recipes.

• Love
Reactions: swyn

Rob.L.

Sep 1, 2014
Somerset
A mate suggested this so I just looked at the prices.
£420 for my family!!!......Nice Idea but not in this financial climate!
May be just me but even £140 is borderline. Another time maybe.

Reactions: Poacherman

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We had a great weekend scoping the new site out for the WinterMoot, the areas for prep, cooking and fun are all sorted, access is way easier than last year so everyone should be able to get stuck in!

The site is lovely to camp in and can comfortably accommodate hammocks, tents, tarps, bell tents etc. It's easy to get about the site, from the camping to workshops to loos etc.

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

Lots of shops within a few miles.

Easy access from main roads and a nice central location.
We'll be at Rough Close Nr Coventry

Tickets available from BushMoot.com

Any questions ask away!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shewie and Mesquite

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Please post any suggestions for cooking techniques for food related workshops you would like to see at Wintermoot.
We can cover everything but if you don’t ask you don't get.
We can do meats, vegetarian and vegan. Modern to Neolithic.

Reactions: nigelp

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm currently in negotiation with the wife to pop up for the 16-19th. It's difficult because it's a half term week for us and it's close to impossible to camp with Kasia. Potentially looking at getting a caravan again because it's one of the few options we can get which we can secure her in for a summer trip. Not very bushcrafty! but means I'm not leaving half the family at home every time I want to go out camping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE