Winter is Officially Over! (Boot story)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
How do I know it's over? Coz I just bought these!
P2040226.jpg

They are Hanwag Fjall Expedition winter boots, with removable felt inner boots, and a patented 'Ice Grip' sole (there are microscopic glass particles incorporated into some of the rubber sole studs).
So now I am better prepared for icy conditions, here in the south we will probably never have snow again!

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
lol, sounds about right, if stock comes into my shop and i go'uuuggghhh, thats nasty!' it usually means it'll sell hahaha so up the front of the store it goes! so you have deffo jinx'd the bad weather! nice boots mind,very heavy duty looking.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Who was your uk supplier. I'm feeling tempted.
I got them ordered by a local (to me) boot shop Barker's of Ringwood. He does stock Hanwag boots (but not those ones) but can order most boots from the range. Unfortunately he doesn't do internet ordering. You might try to find a local Hanwag stockist and ask there.
Be aware that the winter boots are made in short production runs. Ideally I would have liked the boots in black, but I was informed that in my size I would have to wait for next winters production run, but I could have the brown ones from this season.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Thanks for bringing these to my attention. My Sorel's are about 14 years old and this will probably be their last winter. I have heard that they are no longer made in Canada and that the quality has declined, so I am now looking for other makes, these will go nicely on the list of possibilities.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE