Lundhags Jaure High Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi all,
i recently bought a pair of Lundhags Jaure high boots at a very good price.
i've been lusting after a pair of Lundhags for a while now and when i found these as a seriously reduced price, i just had to go for it. Full price they cost around £360, expensive, but no more than my chainsaw boots.
Having had them for a couple of weeks now, i thought i'd run off a quick review for you.

First off, out of the box, these appear to be a very well crafted boot, all the stitching is neat, the leather is unmarked, and the sole appears to be fitted very well.
The Jaure is one of their high end boots, with a lined shaft and a thicker rubber base.

These are tea green and black, but, as i have already treated them with Lundhags leather grease, they have darkened down (shame, as the tea green is a lovely colour, but thats the trade off for having dry feet).

Fit wise, i have found them very comfortable. i chose my regular size of 44 and was not disappointed. These have the Opti last, which is slightly wider than the other ones they do, it also has a lower ankle and more arch support. i would say if you have a particularly pronounced bridge on your foot, to try one of the other lasts as i does seem quite a low fitting (fine for me, mind).

The sole is a Vibram unit, apparently developed in conduction with Lundhags, and so far seems to offer good grip in mud and on very wet and icy grass. i have yet to use them in proper hill walking on rock, snow and ice, so can't comment yet (but am looking forward to giving them a go).

Over all i am very impressed with them, but am sure the 31cm high shaft might be a bit too high for some folk (they do a mid length version too). it's still early days yet but i hope to have many years of wandering in them.

cheers for reading

Baggins

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Do you know if the do them in their lower, 'mid' version? I can't remember the model name but the rubber foot has cracked on my current pair after many, many years of very hard faithful service, so I am looking for a replacement pair. Sadly, not even 'ShoeGoo' could save them. These look very good, especially on the sole...

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Do you know if the do them in their lower, 'mid' version? I can't remember the model name but the rubber foot has cracked on my current pair after many, many years of very hard faithful service, so I am looking for a replacement pair. Sadly, not even 'ShoeGoo' could save them. These look very good, especially on the sole...

http://www.lissomandmuster.com/1318/products/jaure-mid-boot--by-lundhags.aspx

Never bought anything from them so you'll have to check if they're legitimate! But hope it helps! :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks for that link. Sadly, it seems that Lissom and Muster, who are legit., no longer stock the mid boots. The quest continues!

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Sportspursuit had the synchro highs for a greatly reduced price recently. Not sure if they still have stock. Might be worth a shout.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i bought mine from Bergzeit.com but i know Nordic outdoor do the mids as do outnorth.com. might be worth just typing them into google and click on the for sale tab, as thats how i found mine at a great price.
Wore them in the snow and slush yesterday all day and they were really good, gripped well, were warm and very comfortable.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden

They could perhaps be repaired? Contact them at ehandel@lundhags.se for an estimate...it might not be cost effective, but who knows?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE