Winter hammock shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
A few folks have contacted me about the shelter i was making and wanted to see some pics. It was sunny today and i was going to go hiking,,,,see if i could bump into the herd of Elk i ran into yesterday but with the next week being snow and rain i thought i better get out there and set it up. I just finished the last major sewing yesterday. Still not complete but close. I did the test run today to see if it actually looked like what i'd planned,,, and to see if there was anything that needed changing , tweaking etc , ,,, and most importantly to figure out where the stove jack was going to go. There are a couple of things i need to change but nothing major. Here's a few pic's of it set up in the driveway. It turned out to be 9x11x6.5'high. Wedge on one side , short wall(30") on the other. A nearly full height #10 zipper on each end. 7.5 oz Snowtrekker canvas. 17lbs
It felt very nice inside (-:
enjoy
bill

IMG_0001-12.jpg

IMG_0002-15.jpg

IMG_0003-11.jpg

IMG_0004-7.jpg

IMG_0005-10.jpg

Enjoy
bill

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice job :)

Plenty of space and protection for ya in all that snow. I'd like to make one this year, ready to use next winter.

Where do the suspension lines come in?

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
all i can say is........WOW !

Thanks

and WOW again

Dave

thanks again

Excellent work there !

Thanks

Nice job :)

Plenty of space and protection for ya in all that snow. I'd like to make one this year, ready to use next winter.

Where do the suspension lines come in?

You can't see it in the pics but at each end ,at the peak, there is a vertical slit opening about 2' long where the suspension goes through . It also doubles as a vent. Just prop it open with a stick and you have fresh air.

bill

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I would hate to be the guy who gets to carry the eight bricks in his pack! Looks very inviting. Oh and what is up with that koala bear at the top of the bottom-most photo? :D

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Köld;1037712 said:
I would hate to be the guy who gets to carry the eight bricks in his pack! Looks very inviting. Oh and what is up with that koala bear at the top of the bottom-most photo? :D

Fortunately there are bricks everywhere in the bush so nobody has to pack them and that little guy you see is the Rocky Mountain Koal,,,similar to the Oz koala but able to stand the winter. He just happened to poke his head out of the nest just then,,,,(-;

bill

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Fortunately there are bricks everywhere in the bush so nobody has to pack them and that little guy you see is the Rocky Mountain Koal,,,similar to the Oz koala but able to stand the winter. He just happened to poke his head out of the nest just then,,,,(-;

bill

So he 'nests' with you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE