Will Silver Be Worth More Than Gold In The Coming Decade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, TEOTWAWKI = The End Of The World As We Know It....an acronym for the gloom and doom sure it's all going to go to the hot place in a handbasket bunch.

cheers,
Toddy

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Silver will never be worth more than gold. However, if historical markets are anything to go by, the Gold-Silver ratio should be about 15. That would mean that you could buy an ounce of gold with 15 ounces of silver. Currently, the ratio stands at 46

gold_all_data_silver.png

The ratio tends to decrease back towards historical levels in a bullish precious metals market. We are currently seeing gold and silver beat records month on month. Whether this will continue, I'm not sure - but I suspect it will. There is quite a large supply gap between bullion, and promissory contracts for both gold and silver which is verging towards a crisis.

I agree that silver is probably a better investment than gold right now, as long as you are buying real cold metal which you can hold in your hand. Buying paper precious metals, is in my view quite reckless in the current climate. However, silver bullion attracts VAT in the UK which rather scuppers this plan.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Just about to mention the vat when you did!
I know a few people who have bought gold soverigns and made alot of profit (on paper.)
Im not one to talk teotwanki but do you think your money is safe in the bank?
They could never go bust/ hyperinflation?!
Dave

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id like some U, Eds. Enriched, if you please.

Unlike other metals, it can be used as a fuel.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one Toddy - wouldn't have it in the house. Sheeple is a pretty standardised term for the "happy clappy brigade" though - those who assume the world is civilised and the government will provide ;)

I_am_not_a_Sheeple_by_Kezhound.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That description sums up most folks here British Red.
It misses the bit about not conceding to paranoia though. We're encouraged to look for the agenda behind the propaganda.
Makes one wonder about some people at times since propaganda comes in many forms.

cheers,
M

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Silver eh? And there was me keeping hold of any bits of aluminium I could get my hands on. Come on folks, every fule nose that's what you make foil out of.

Sheesh.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
A mate of mine manages top end hotels. About 10 years ago he caught one shiftless pot washer throwing sterling silver cutlery in the rubbish bin because he was too lazy to polish it.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE