Will I get a better pack than this for the money?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Sorry, just another backpack thread!

Im needing a larger backpack and I'm looking at this:

41E6NnuX%2BrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lowe Alpine TFX Outback 65:80 for £75 delivered.

Is there a better option for a similar price?

Any users care to comment?

Cheers :)

hawkmaster

Jul 16, 2010
bexhill on sea. east sussex
I use the Highlander forces packs and find them to be great bags for the money.you could get an 88L bag for about £55 delivered if you shop around, the carry system is adjustable and they have a type of ventilation ststem to stop your back from sweating, there is also an internal frame which can be removed if you prefer.

They are a good bag for a affordable price.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I use the Highlander forces packs and find them to be great bags for the money.you could get an 88L bag for about £55 delivered if you shop around, the carry system is adjustable and they have a type of ventilation ststem to stop your back from sweating, there is also an internal frame which can be removed if you prefer.

They are a good bag for a affordable price.

Cheers mate but not quite what I'm looking for.

Looks a decent pack, not too heavy at 2.2kg, carries a good load. In black for £60 here

Thanks Shewie, nice link!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
A bit old school, but great vaule and an iconic pack.
Swedish LK 70 on ebay , grade 1 for about £28 delivered.

Best.
Chris.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
A bit old school, but great vaule and an iconic pack.
Swedish LK 70 on ebay , grade 1 for about £28 delivered.

Best.
Chris.

Hey Chris yeah I have the LK 35, certainly bomb proof but I'm looking at pack's for multiday hikes and weight is an issue.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hiya,

Yup the Lowe is a great pack, good hip belt which should be taking about 70% of the load, easily adjustable. Keeps the load close in and central transfering all that load to your hips, which being the largest joints in the body can take the strain. (So many folk do up shoulder straps before hip belt! ruins the carry, shoulders are free floating and not ment to take the strain and it also affects the diaphram). Well made and at Shewie's price of £60 you'd be hard pushed to find better value for money.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well it arrived today, Im really happy with it. Great build quality, and lots of features suprisingly not listed on its online description.

My first time with the TFX(6) backsystem and its really comfy (as far as I can tell without having hiked with it yet).

Thanks all for helping me decide.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE