Wilkinson Sword Tiebreaker: Calling Mad Dave and Hiho only!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Many thanks to Trunks for spotting my mistake, and many apologies to Mad Dave for messing him about.

In case you missed it, both Dave and Hiho were equally close to my total of 115 items in my fire kit. Dave went for 113, whilst Hiho went for 117.

I have PM'd both of them and will send them both the link to this tiebreaker question:

How much does my pump drill weigh? Metric units please.

I confess to not knowing the answer yet as I am at work but I'll leave this thread up for as long as is needed for them both to see it and answer.

One guess each and the closest wins. I promise I'll check the maths better this time!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I've weighed the pump drill and have a photo of it on the scales.

Just waiting for Mad Dave to post and then all will be revealed (again...)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Many apologies for the faffing about and delay caused by my inability to count!

Here is what my pump drill looks like:

32ycEcEl.jpg

It is made from sections of broom handle, with the flywheel being clay adjusted by lead weights. This is it sitting on our kitchen scales:

zqj4cPzl.jpg

You can see therefore that it weighs 1664 grams.

Hiho posted a guess of 376 grams, Mad Dave posted a guess of 520 grams.

For the second time, Mad Dave is the winner as he is closest!

Once again, well done, and commiserations to Hiho and everybody else. It was a fun thing to do and I hope you enjoyed taking part.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE