Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's a better picture on my phone than when posted sorry! Couldn't take another as it flew off.
It's a young nuthatch.

Wander

Nomad
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
The last three days I've had to fend for myself.
Quite frankly, it's a miracle the whole place hasn't fallen apart. Must be because I decided to make the most of it and get out.
Been a mixed few days - a day in the field just chilling out, a day on the downs, a day on the marshes.
So here's some snaps, in no particular order...

A Wall Butterfly (particularly pleased with this - never seen one before and they're rare and endangered)...

Slow worms (the top one looking like it's pregnant)...

A silver winged fritillary...

A meadow grasshopper...

The day's camp...

A dark bush cricket...

A VERY heavily pregnant common lizard (it's that time of year for snakes and reptiles)...

And a buzzard...

Right, now I've got to go and make a chilli for dinner tonight or else I'll get told off...

Reactions: Nice65 and brancho

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The last three days I've had to fend for myself.
Quite frankly, it's a miracle the whole place hasn't fallen apart. Must be because I decided to make the most of it and get out.
Been a mixed few days - a day in the field just chilling out, a day on the downs, a day on the marshes.
So here's some snaps, in no particular order...

A Wall Butterfly (particularly pleased with this - never seen one before and they're rare and endangered)...

Slow worms (the top one looking like it's pregnant)...

A silver winged fritillary...

A meadow grasshopper...

The day's camp...

A dark bush cricket...

A VERY heavily pregnant common lizard (it's that time of year for snakes and reptiles)...

And a buzzard...

Right, now I've got to go and make a chilli for dinner tonight or else I'll get told off...
Very nice set

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Last edited:
Reactions: Allison McKenzie

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Wander

Nomad
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Oh, we do like to be beside the seaside...

a lone Ringed Plover

a flock of Oystercatchers (the full flock was over twice this size - I've never seen so many oystercatchers in one flock. Annoyingly, it was me who spooked them and put them in the air - otherwise, they'd have made a great image along the shore line))

and a Western Conifer Seed Bug