Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Annie

I'm afraid I'm a total newbie but very keen. Can you go just for Saturday night and Sunday ? The website just lists onew day & weekend prices.

Annie

leon-1

Annie, your best bet would be to phone Roger Harrington from Bison Bushcraft and ask him what the score would be on that :)

Every time that I have been before I have been for the 2 days so I couldn't comment other than say as above.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Come hell or high water, I'll be there tomorrow morning(ish). Doped up on NSAIDs & antibiotics, but it's so close I can't not go.

That and the fact that it'll be the third time running :)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
just got back from the WG and must say it was rather good fun!

Was a pleasure meeting a few new faces, although it was pretty hard to tell who was who off here. But bumped into Buckshot and Stuart in the morning and had C_Claycomb pointed out.

Was a very good day and am well and truely jealous of those staying the whole weekend as the woods looked like good fun for camping in too.

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day.

p.s - The t-shirt fits fine thank you Buckshot. :D

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
Me too. My first vsist to the WG and hugely enjoyable. Spent too much money of course and went away with some Bison burgers and sausages as well.

Will definitely go for the whole weekend next year.

Richard

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
andyn said:
p.s - The t-shirt fits fine thank you Buckshot. :D
:D phew ! :D
Nice to meet you all as well. It was a shame I could only do the one day - family pressures... Perhaps next year...

Cheers all

Mark

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
A great day and big thanks to Buckshot for taking the time to show the wife and I the basics of braiding leather. He certainly instilled some enthusiasm into us to have a go.

Richard

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I was there for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. A friendlier bunch of people I couldn't hope to meet, and I learnt something from just about everyone I talked to.

(The only disappointment is that the BCUK T-shirts weren't available in Large for some reason!)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
ditto the disappointment on lack of large shirts :rolleyes: It was rather embarassing :eek:

I hope everyone got home in a reasonable timeframe. I was late leaving (again!) at 6:10 and it took me 4 hours to do the 140 miles home... only managed 23 miles in the first hour :eek: I really loath driving in that part of the country!

Thanks to everyone who stopped and had a chat.

Does anyone have any decent photos of the bison, raccoons and other critters on site?

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
C_Claycomb said:
Does anyone have any decent photos of the bison, raccoons and other critters on site?

I have some but am unsure of their quality as i havent looked at them yet. I get some thumbnails together and if you want any you are more than welcome to the full size shots.

I took some of the turkey and it kept running away so no idea if those came out.

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
C_Claycomb said:
I hope everyone got home in a reasonable timeframe. I was late leaving (again!) at 6:10 and it took me 4 hours to do the 140 miles home... only managed 23 miles in the first hour :eek: I really loath driving in that part of the country!

On Sturday it took my wife and I an hour to do 3 1/2 miles on the A303 thanks to a caravan that broke down on a narrow part of the single carriageway!

Two hours to get there and three and three quarters to get home!

Richard

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Went down for the day on Saturday with the family and thoroughly enjoyed. Nice to meet up with friends again. Managed to get away without spending to much , although I have got a few ideas for the future.

One suggestion for next year however. Could knives please be banned from the childerens play area? I spent quite a bit of time there with my children and witnessed children with knives unsheathed at innapropriate times :eek: . Although the behaviour wasn't aggressive I don't think that this is an appropriate area for these tools (This should apply to adults as well as children!)

Don't get me wrong I'm not against children learning how to handle knives and was impressed that WG had organised a tutorial for the children. Whether the message had got through to all of them is another matter.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Wolfie said:
Went down for the day on Saturday with the family and thoroughly enjoyed. Nice to meet up with friends again. Managed to get away without spending to much , although I have got a few ideas for the future.

One suggestion for next year however. Could knives please be banned from the childerens play area? I spent quite a bit of time there with my children and witnessed children with knives unsheathed at innapropriate times :eek: . Although the behaviour wasn't aggressive I don't think that this is an appropriate area for these tools (This should apply to adults as well as children!)

Don't get me wrong I'm not against children learning how to handle knives and was impressed that WG had organised a tutorial for the children. Whether the message had got through to all of them is another matter.
Can I suggest you contact Roger at Bison with that suggestion, as it wasn't run by us these sorts of things are nothing to do with BCUK. :)

Cheers

Mark

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Buckshot said:
Can I suggest you contact Roger at Bison with that suggestion, as it wasn't run by us these sorts of things are nothing to do with BCUK. :)

Cheers

Mark

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Just found a picture from the 2004 Wilderness Gathering of Bison grazing on the field beyond the brook. Quality's not great due to the limitations of my camera, which I didn't get round to using this year.... The picture is now in the gallery.

C_Claycomb said:
ditto the disappointment on lack of large shirts :rolleyes: It was rather embarassing :eek:

Thanks to everyone who stopped and had a chat.

I've just put one of my pictures in the gallery Chris ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE