Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Nope, can't make this one either. I couldn't be at Merthyr Mawr for the moot, and now where am I when WG is on, and just down the road from where I live? Yup. Merthyr Mawr... :)

Ah well. One of these days... :)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Don't bother with the day ticket, it's a full weekend job!
This will be my third, you meet so many people, be invited to so many camp fires and share the company of so many good people.
Neil

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I'll be there again this year. Looking forward to meeting up with old mates and making some new ones :D
The guy I do volenteer work with on Crowle Moors (Ken) is coming with me. I'm taking my 7 man Kata and there's only 2 us of in it . So if anyone needs a place to crash give me a shout.
I've got myself booked on the tracking master class on the Sunday morning with Max from Shadow Hawk. I'm really looking forward to that.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I really wanted to come along - seems a good place to learn (and I have a lot to learn!). But then once again events have messed things up, as I have a party to go to (which doesn't sound like a very good excuse :), but it's one I can't really miss).

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi all

Will be there for the weekend, though this time I will camp in the woods rather than by the pond.

Martin, I don't know if we have met at any of the meet ups but will look out for the Kata.

Cheers

George

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi,

I was thinking about coming along on a day pass for this event as i cant really afford the weekend cost at the moment.

Could someone who has been before explain a little about what goes on?

hope to see some of you there.

Andy

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
As posted before my wife and I are making the trip over from Dublin. Would have loved to have gone to one of the July meets but it was my mothers 50th (couldn't miss that now could I).

Look out for a Millets Hippy Hut(stop laughing my wife bought it honest) with an Irish flag that will be us.

See you all there.

James

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
If you want to know more about what goes on have a look at the website on this link http://www.wildernessgathering.co.uk/ . It's hugely informal, full of enthusiasts who, like you, want to chat about what enthuses them and there are skills workshops, trade stands and food sales as well. I went to the first one not knowing anybody, then to the second looking forward to seeing new friends again. People are really friendly..oh....and don't forget your liquour supply - it's a great way to chill for the weekend.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Falcon, thanks for the reply, Sounds like good fun then. Yeah I had looked at the website, but have been to many events where the website can sometimes be over-hyped. Really looking forward to going and seeing lots of other people into bushcraft....I had no idea so many people were keen on it!!!!!

Thanks again.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I will be there. Still in two minds on what to bring, bows or knives (and tools to make them), or try to cram the car with both!

Jun 12, 2005
English Midlands
I am off for the full weekend, went last year and it was very good sold a few knives, met many lile minded folk had drinks food singing and stories around various camp fires. Go the full 3 days else you will very fed up when you leave after 1 day the evenings are the best part.

Jun 12, 2005
English Midlands
basically you have a wood in which you camp and are allowed fires, you can sleep in a tent or under the stars or how you like, in the main area are trade stands and exhibitions plus food and a chance to sell your own kit and just wander and chat you can do a bit of Archery or throw axes. There are 3 areas for courses ie tracking wild foods etc. In the evening theres is much singing, drinking and story telling. Go if you can.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I really want to get to this one, missed the last one but oh I will probably end up missing it anyway that's what my life is like. I always miss everything!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE