Wilderness Gathering. hope to see you there!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thank you all...

I am just back from an awesome time at the Gathering, chilled and relaxed and so much fun...Lot of pictures and thanks to come on my write up :) will take some time to do..

A big shout out to though....

Roger...Dave Budd and the man crèche..Chris the cat and the kittens (Astrid and felix), Theresa, Kev at endicotts, Sonni & Angela and oliver and Bump, Ash, The swallows and Marmite and Ammo, Addo and Joe, FYGT (Dunc) with the chilli hold and small fire-steel,and everyone else....As I said there will be loads in the write up

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Good to see you Tinky and everyone else who came over to the WSS Stand, and the few folks I managed to get over and see.
Cracking event, really glad I went along. My first time dont you know!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I think we should all go to the Moot and Gathering wearing name badges with our Forum names!
I saw Dave Budd, Angst, Ammo, Teresa, Midnighthound, Marmite, and a load of others that I can't identify by Forum name. Tell tale MTP respirator bags from the group buy were dotted about at both.

I came away from both events feeling I'd made friends and it's annoying not to be able to snap them a PM.

Next year in definitely staying at WG even though it's only 2 miles from my bed at most. You have been warned. The Cider was very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Tell tale MTP respirator bags from the group buy were dotted about at both.

Lol! I was carrying mine on the Sunday and saw a couple of others knocking around too! Maybe Midnight can organise a Group Buy of luminous orange sombreros or some such just before WG next year:)

I was sat just by the cider tent but was just about to buy when son decided he wanted an ice cream now! I was almost in tears as he led me away to the ice cream van.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Could have been worse. He might have wanted a bison burger which may have left you both broke and thirsty!

My 3 kids and wife were there and hungry on Saturday. Blooming heck I thought they could get in the spirit and go forage for berries!

I arrived smugly thinking I needed absolutely nothing. I went home with armloads of indispensable stuff. Desperately tried to hang on to the cash I had bought and had traders wandering all over the site trying to get signal for their card machines. Bless them. What a nice bunch of folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
It was great to so many friends at the Gathering again this year. I had a good time helping Fraser out but managed to film a little.

Put this together today.

[video=youtube;kuw3AG1wAEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuw3AG1wAEk[/video]

Cheers

George

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Brilliant video :D. Had a great time relaxing with some very good friends and also now able to put names and faces together for some new friends. To all the friends old and new thanks for the laughs, late nights, smiles and warmth. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I arrived smugly thinking I needed absolutely nothing.

Ha ha. You fool. Even a Scotsman can't stand between his wallet and kit at the gathering.

I think we should all go to the Moot and Gathering wearing name badges with our Forum names!
There's a cure for that, it's called the Man Creche. Though you may only be able to recognise people in the dark. Forestschoolmatlot looks much different in the daytime I later found out.

I saw Marmite and Sonni sitting on a familiar looking Vango flysheet in front of me at Chris Caine's talk. It was only much later they told me the guy on the left hand side of it was you, alas much too late.

You have been warned. The Cider was very good!
You might want to be careful of that if you are staying over. Friday morning I saw a train wreck called Ash after 8 pints of it and Tinky Pete now has a rule that he buys the cider but takes it home.

@Ash, that cake you spoke of did make it as far as me on Sunday.

@George, nice video, nice cut in at the start going onto the sign and then cutting back to coming off it at the end.

@JasonS, sorry mate, never got back to you to catch up.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Brilliant video :D. Had a great time relaxing with some very good friends and also now able to put names and faces together for some new friends. To all the friends old and new thanks for the laughs, late nights, smiles and warmth. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

I assume you recognise the tarp at the end?

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Great video George and lovely to see you again. Had a great time down there and now my son can't wait to go to the May day bush meet thing in May that he's asked me every day since....."is it nearly May yet" lol :)

Thanks for a great day all :)

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Yes sure do. That little fire place holds many good memories not least of which was getting to spend some time with yourself, lady swift and the boys ;)

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
i actually attended this year i missed the last two...but managed to get to this one... and did the full weekend (fri sat and sun) and met a few of the guys... had a great time.....enjoyed the cider and scotch and the entertainement (a bit too much) spent the saturday night around the campfire until about 2 am... chatting with the guys and gal from the fruit jerky shack and one poor guy had too much cider and needed carrying to his camper (admittedly i could barely stagger myself )
enjoyed the talk on animal trapping, tracking & evasion (Bob Podesta) again very informative workshops

Last edited:

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Had a good day there on the Saturday.

Stocked up on some jerky from the two stalls that were doing it, said hi to Sonni (Angst) at his leatherwork stall, tried to catch Dave Budd a couple of times (went on a knife making course with him a few months back) but he must have seen me coming and always seemed to have his head down and busy working away :D Watched Paul (Bardster) demonstrating spoon carving for a while too.

Would have liked to meet and chat to more of the guys from here that I'm sure were there but no way of knowing who was who so left again none the wiser. Some other types of forum based meet (which I know this one wasn't really) people wear a small sticker with their forum name on which helps no end, or pre-arranged meets at a particular time at a particular stall or similar to meet some new faces.

Or maybe everybody already knows everyone else and it's only me being a Billy No Mates !!! :rolleyes::D

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE