Wilderness gathering 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
As I had not seen a thread for the wilderness gathering, I thought I would start one.

Its the 4th year for me, but I must admit It was a bit of a strange one for me. I have only ever been before with the kids and this year they were away with their mum. Was strange and I did miss them, but it meant that I could go at my own pace, which was also nice. Lots of rain which is usual for the gathering, but it was good to catch up with people and learn new things.

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
I went with my lad, we both love it..... He's just reminded me that we have to make a fishing spear before he returns to school lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I had a great time relaxing with old friends and was good to meet new ones. Just wish it was longer. I participated in two master classes, Buckskin and tanning with Prof Thersa Kamper which was awesone learnt loads of stuff and now I am looking for road kill :) and also 5 flint tools with Will Lord the god of lithic works, although I had a bit of frustration I did get five tools in the end but it did improve my knowledge and long way and I am starting to see the skill in getting a good workable surface and preparing a core. It was the first time I did a masterclass and it is very much worth it. I am looking forward to next year as well.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I deliberately didn't work too hard this year and I had one of the most pleasent and relaxed gatherings ☺ As always it was the group of friends that I had around me during the day, but mostly the evenings that made it. Pete, that certainly includes you mate ☺

Theresa only came long enough for the masterclass sadly, she had to rush off straight after ��. I'll call her prof when I see her next, that'll either earn a laugh or a wallop! She is running a full hide working course at my place in the beginning of October, assuming we get a couple more bookings

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE