Wilderness Gathering 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
No affiliation whatsoever though I've bought some top quality stuff from Bison from time to time. I'm just a bit protective of the event to tell you the truth as it's where I've met loads of forum contributors and good friends, and we have a great time there each year. If you want to be negative about it that's your prerogative and presumably the Mods will decide what's withinn boundaries...

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Jordan
I really think that bringing this sort of disagreement to a public forum is un-warranted, but here we are so on it goes.

We do take notice of feedback from customers and note what is said on the forums and try to act upon comments to give a better event every year (yes we do really).

A comment that has cropped up occasionally addresses the amount of trade stands selling nothing but new kit without any crafts, demonstrations or I suppose any "Bushcraft" to offer. We are now trying act on that and encourage more individual craftspeople and demonstrators. Those of you who have been to the site will know that space is tight. This we can use in our favour to be choosy about who we accept. Both Dominic and I felt that landrover based kit such as roof tents etc would use up space we'd rather use for more bushcrafty stuff.

However upon further reflection and discussion with Dominic and as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to change our minds provided you can assure us that no leaflets are placed on car windscreens and your stand reflects the current theme of the Gathering. For clarification the term 'organic' does not mean we expect your stand to be made entirely of organic materials, we are making a genuine attempt to encourage everyone to be more conscious about how their stand looks so we can bring a more 'natural' feel to the show.

So how about it, no roof tents or vehicles on the stand, but all your other kit is fine? We have a six metre wide pitch available should you require, but do hurry, as I said space is tight.

Roger

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Ill be there i love it ill see loads of my old friends and it will be great as it will be full of all sorts of bushcrafty stuff :), and no old landrover tat! lol :red: :rolleyes:, GG theres always one eh...... :dunno:

Glyn

Hi Spud,

Advice for the WG?
Go there and enjoy...
It's a really nice, relaxed venue. Do as little or as much as you want.
We enjoyed it so much in previous years, we went last year with our three week old baby!

We're hoping to go this year, but money's a bit tight. Still, there's a few weeks left to save...

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
ill be there being a general nuisance to the BCL lads...

its a great place, nice relaxed attitude, good to meet like minded people ect, ive been going for the past two years and will continue to go every year possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE