'Wild Oasis' tent from Six Moon Designs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Has anyone got experience of this single skin tent? I am after a 1 man tent or bivi to keep in the car, for impulse camping in the summer. I have been asked if I am interested in it & wondered if anyone had tried it. The maker's website is here:

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/index...d=8&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=111

It is single skin & single pole but I like the idea of it, as it is green, lowish & really light. Thanks

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have one of their Gatewood Capes, almost the same except it can be used as a poncho and has no netting on the edge. It is very well made and convenient for a really light shelter. Here in most of my area the climate is pretty dry, little humidity. I find there is some condensation inside the single wall, coated fabric. I would expect more condensation in a more damp environment, something to consider.

I do like my shelter but it was much cheaper when I bought mine. The pole is an extra with the gatewood and I bought one, worth it since I don't use hiking sticks. Not sure I can recommend the Wild Oasis at that price, a light tent would be about the same price and provide better coverage perhaps. Hope that helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE