Wide Belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Just finished my first belt

A bit of a Saami influence without the bling...

Belt_01.jpg

Belt_03.jpg

Belt_04.jpg

Belt_05.jpg

Ta.

dkabat579

Jan 24, 2010
New York, USA
I really like the look of those Saami belts but felt put off by all the little bits as they always looked a little "busy" to my eye. Your take is gorgeous though, everything I'd want with nothing I wouldn't. I may have to give one of these a go myself, what thickness leather did you use?

MickeS

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Sweden
A very good looking belt! Nicely matched with the knives and pouch too.

Where did you buy the dark grommets?

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Top job mate - that is one cracking belt!!!

......as others have mentioned a traditional saami belt is too bling for my tastes but this hits all the right buttons for me!;)

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Many thanks everone.

MickeS - you inspired me to make this, I got the grommets from a local sewing & material shop. They can be found on line too though.

phill_ue - as Chris said - Swedish Army wool trousers. I got these from a US fleabay shop called Suzi's Surplus (even came with package contents marked as used pants, the lasses in the office had a field day!)

Klenchblaize - Got the shirt second hand, it's made by Woolrich.

All the best.

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Can i have it please:D ?

Actually,youve dome something droolable:You_Rock_,by combining some sort of subdued,stylish belt into rudded and useful traditional sami belt,really creative stuff and above that,useful.

you can have my pinky toe for that,sir.

Great job indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE