why !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
why is it that the weathers beautiful dry and hot !!!
People got on about getting down in the winter months but I hate to addmit it im the opposit summer stinks its to hot to do anything worth while.
Its hot im hot fed up and im feeling well scunnerd.
ill get to the point is anyone else feeling the same ???

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I live in a bungalow. Its mainly glass front and rear so it catches the sun all day. I have worked in a foundry. Its just like that. Too hot. I have been escaping to the beach. Dogs hate the heat too.

Give me a cold crisp winters day.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Has to be said i'm with the summer haters,

It's 35 degrees in our office, the boss is too tight to pay for air con so has generously given us fans that blow work all over the shop! :lmao:

I have exzema that flares up like hell in this weather so i spend most of my time itching.Thanks to the skin i can't use sun tan cream so i have to hide indoors like the phantom of the opera.
Keeping cool is a nightmare.

I prefer a nice winters day, layer up and enjoy the outdoors. Get home and drink hot chocolate while throwing another log on the fire!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Nice one Warthog ,
As each year gets hotter, I get more fed-up than the year before. We're getting temperatures at night that used to be daytime summer ones.
I can't wait for it to break and cool off a lot. That and we need rain to fill our well up.

ATB

Ogri the trog

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Look at it another way. If it gets hot here then fewer people will travel abroad by air. That in turn means less polution and greenhouse gases, so less global warming and less hot summers - sorted! An oversimplification I know but it's a thought. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
I think the weather is fantastic, but unfortunately I don't cope with heat too well! We grumble when it's hot and we'll grumble when it rains a lot. My tactic is to spend as much time in my little boat as possible, mainly practicing capsise drill!! Aaaah, cold water :lmao:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I think this weather is great, if there is a sunlounger, steady supply of cocktails, a nice view ;) and a pool near by to cool off.
Is a bit too hot for lots of exercise mind you. I admit I do prefer the spring, autumn and winter for bushcraft.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
38 C here the other day. 35 C today, I spent today roofing and trying to set up a pump to get water from the lake to the lawn. Just too hot for all that.

When I think that we see some minus 40 C temps every year - too hot in summer - too cold in winter.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Agree. :)

Autumn,winter,spring for me;or this heat in a desert where there is no humidity.

I suppose if we had this regularly we would acclimatise to it.

Mind you moaning about it doesn't make it any cooler. :cool:

Get yourself into the woods or down on a beach (if you can find one not infested with sunbathers).

As for the dogs,get up really early and give them their runabout before the heat of the day builds up.We bought a hard plastic kiddies paddling pool for our two.If they get warm they can dip their pads in it or lie down for a wallow. :D

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I have to work out in it to thats why I was saying !!!

QUOTE=jason sears]I am a bricklayer I have to work out in this heat and the cold get over it[/QUOTE]

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
We had a full day of thunderstorms yesterday - and it was still so hot I couldn't get to sleep cause I was sweating so much!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
fred gordon said:
Look at it another way. If it gets hot here then fewer people will travel abroad by air. That in turn means less polution and greenhouse gases, so less global warming and less hot summers - sorted! An oversimplification I know but it's a thought. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Apparently the electricity probs in London are in no small part due to industrial air con!

I got a weather station for my b'day in Jan. Since then the temperature outside my back door has fluctuated from -4.8 to +35.8. That's some going for Wiltshire.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
during the heat wave i only went out after late afternoon.
its not the ideal situation but justifies.
if i had good air conditioning in my car id probly go out.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Just spent 9 days in the Philippines - rained every day, around 30 deg., arrived back in Cairo this morning at 6.30am, 32 deg. and rising...!! Sunshine.... Bliss.!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE