Why Prepare?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana Hawkeye

Oct 1, 2008
England
Then you are not a nurse, you are a student. You must have a PIN number to legally call yourself a nurse. I am a Registered Nurse and for the last 10 years have been working in a trauma intensive care unit. Death is so much a part of my life we are on first name terms, and in my professional opinion, survivalists are utterly bonkers.

:p

WOAH PAL! You are out of order!

It is not illegal to call yourself a Nurse. It IS ILLEGAL to call yourself a Registered Nurse. Try looking it up on the NMC website. The word NURSE is NOT a protected professional term, but REGISTERED NURSE IS. I did however say ''nurse (nearly qualified)'' which in implys being a Student Nurse. I merely said nurse, because it is easier for others to understand and I apologise if some have misunderstood - there was no intention of duping or misleading anyone, it was just a bad choice of words.

For your information, I have worked as a senior HCA and as a seconded student since 2000. I have passed my finals and will qualify (hopefully) in approximately 10 weeks time.

You Martyn have picked up on this as you do not agree with this thread and therefore have made this a personal attack and tried to discredit anything I have said.

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
That's the problem, having a few essentials, a camping stove and a torch is sensible, but stockpiling weapons, food and bullion is insane. What worries me, is how some people completely fail to see the difference.

Having food, water and some basic first aid stuff is also sensible. Owning a pistol crossbow (which I don't btw.) hardly counts as stockpiling. Buying gold now is also sensible as the price is about to shoot up (any use in a disaster? probably not). And sticking said gold in the ground is probably safer than your avarage bank at the moment.

The problem seems to be every one has their own list of things they feel important to store. You have latched onto one of the more extreme and then branded any preparation as insane.

I would urge you to follow the UK government advise, keep a few bits to hand and store a week or so's worth of food and water. If you don't want to that's fine.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I am pointing my missus in the direction of this thread as she has enough in our freezers and cupboards to survive a decade - if she could cut back to a years supply I would have a few more quid in my pocket :rolleyes:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
WOAH PAL! You are out of order!

It is not illegal to call yourself a Nurse. It IS ILLEGAL to call yourself a Registered Nurse. Try looking it up on the NMC website. The word NURSE is NOT a protected professional term, but REGISTERED NURSE IS. I did however say ''nurse (nearly qualified)'' which in implys being a Student Nurse. I merely said nurse, because it is easier for others to understand and I apologise if some have misunderstood - there was no intention of duping or misleading anyone, it was just a bad choice of words.

For your information, I have worked as a senior HCA and as a seconded student since 2000. I have passed my finals and will qualify (hopefully) in approximately 10 weeks time.

You Martyn have picked up on this as you do not agree with this thread and therefore have made this a personal attack and tried to discredit anything I have said.

No, I picked up on it because you tried to use your status as a student nurse to add credibility to your argument. It doesnt.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
I tend to think of it as 'saving for a rainy day' and need say little more on it.

tho im sure the rainiest day one or two here can envisage, is broadband connection failiure

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
.... in my professional opinion, survivalists are utterly bonkers.

Are you qualified to give a psychiatric diagnosis then Martyn? You also mentioned "clinically insane" in another thread. Clearly this is a "professional opinion" as you have stated it as such. Are you actually medically qualified to make a diagnosis of mental illness?

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE