Why Prepare?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
Genocide – Ethnic/racial Cleansing
 Global War – Regional War – Civil War
 Martial Law – Curfew
 National Emergency – Civil and Military – Disasters
 Nuclear Warfare – Blast Wave – Fallout – Radiation – Aftermath

Happens all the time in Somerset
:lmao:

While I don't want to get dragged into the argument, with the exception of Nukes they have all happened in Somerset :)

Hang on I forgot Chernobyl and Windscale for the fallout, radiation etc. etc.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hiya

I am not of the apocalypse type of Survivalist nor am I of the cosy camping type either, but somewhere in-between. I am a nurse (nearly qualified), I see the end results of some 'survival' type situations nearly every week and therefore that makes me a realist. I also live on an Island, maybe that makes me think differently - I know how easy it is to be 'cut off' from the things we take for granted, so prepping for me, is part of it.

regards
Dana

Then you are not a nurse, you are a student. You must have a PIN number to legally call yourself a nurse. I am a Registered Nurse and for the last 10 years have been working in a trauma intensive care unit. Death is so much a part of my life we are on first name terms, and in my professional opinion, survivalists are utterly bonkers.

:p

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
...but none bad enough (or even close) to warrant building a bunker of burying bullion and crossbows.

No one sugested building bunkers and only one person plants stuff.

Your own govenrment reccomends you have a few essentials to hand and suggests you keep some supplies in your house. Actually they're also the ones who build bunkers and stockpile weapons and food.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
No one sugested building bunkers and only one person plants stuff.

Your own govenrment reccomends you have a few essentials to hand and suggests you keep some supplies in your house. Actually they're also the ones who build bunkers and stockpile weapons and food.

That's the problem, having a few essentials, a camping stove and a torch is sensible, but stockpiling weapons, food and bullion is insane. What worries me, is how some people completely fail to see the difference.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Every body should have enogh supplies in the house to last at least a week what supplies you keep is upto the individual.People who don't keep enough for this period shouldn't expect those who do to supply them with what they couldn't be bothered to store themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE