Who's your favourite band?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Do you realise what you've done?!? :(

You've made me realise how old I am!!

Queen, Carpenters, The Quo, The Floyd, Stranglers, Sparks, some T Rex, Kate Bush (yes I know) and many many more.
I even like a bit of Holst (no not Holsten)

Not too keep on current (so called) music as since the spice girls/Take that most music seems to contribute to the short attention span generation (5 minutes out of the charts and you can't remember who they were).

I'm off now to cry in the corner (if my zimmer frame will carry me there):sadwavey:

Kev

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
You know there seems to be a common theme. Looking through the choices they don't differ that much. I think the subversive 'buck the system' attitude is alive and well, good to see.
Some of my favourites are there;
Silverback, I saw Foo Fighters live acoustic session last year, very very good.
Switch, Greenday at Milton Keynes, fantastic.My daughter went to see Lost Prophets earlier this year and I was green with envy.

I guess a few of you will go to Glasto next week - I'll be watching on the box with a few beers

Keep on rocking in the free world:You_Rock_

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well, well ite great to her some of the old bands I had forgotten about....Spear Of Destiny yep saw them bit of a rough mosh pit that!!!! Saw them in Wolves God someone even dragged me to the Cramps there although not really my cup of tea. Got admit to being a Fields Of
The Nephilim fan when I was a kid!!!:eek:
NOw Alka Trio are very good my fav punk band would have to be Propagandhi:headbang:
Love Primus and am currently listening to lots of Ac Dc Jimmi and Led Zep.
But if its got guitars Ill have a listen blues, blue grass etc.
Dave
Finally a band called Tomahawk aka Mike Patton Fnm etc are bringing out a cd on monday:)rolleyes: I think) of Indian and traditional chants. Might be awful......might not

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Don't really have a favorite as theres loads of stuff I like ranging from the Dead Kennedys Holiday in Cambodia though Golden Brown by The Stranglers Some early ZZ Top followed by some more mebbe followed by a bit of THIS.
Could chuck in a bit of Pink Floyd for good measure.

S o r r y (ahem:rolleyes: ) that most of those videos don't really fit but what else do you expect on Youtube:eek:

If I were to answer the same question tommorrow I might well give a totally different answer though.

Fantastic, that was great to hear the dead kennedy again, strange vid though....Stranglers are def one of my fav's and golden brown was good, but not a patch on this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRZyv2skm9U

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Nice one Jon. I saw them a few times in the 80's. One memorable gig when the band were being gobbed on by some hard core in the mosh pit. They stopped playing, bouncers dragged this guy on stage and Hugh or JJ - can't remember - proceded to stuff a peeled banana up his ****.

No more gobbing after that!!!

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Propagandhi - not bad at all - off to the shops.....

Similar musical tastes it seems, Mr The Cat. Though I'm kind of having a strange period listening to AK3 and MCR, Aiden. Basically the same bands my 13 year old listens to. Still - keeps me young and makes me a bit cooler in her eyes...

Also - on whim I bought Linkin Parks new album. I really like it.

Though recently I went to an open eveing at my daughters school - all the teen age girls were wearing t-shirts with my favorite bands on.... What does that say?

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Favourite band are the Levellers. Got all their CD's and dvd/video's

I also like:

Rev Hammer, Billy Brag, Maddy Prior, 3 Daft Monkeys, The Clash, AC/DC, Ramones, Cock Sparrer, Juliette and the Licks, ...

A lot of folk / punk and rock'n roll!!! :D

Hmmm - I like lots of differnet music. Guess I'd have to give myself the label of "Electronic Punk" - I have a small studio with decks, synths, samplers, drum machines, analog modelling synths. I always really liked the music I produced - until a slight hearing problem came to light about 2 years ago :rolleyes:

I used DJ a bit mainly hardhouse, techno, dub, electro and old hip hop.

I'm listening to Jacknife Lee at the moment. Not only is he one of my closest friends but he is, IMHO, the best producer in the world. He has produced albums for the likes of Snow Patrol, U2, Bloc Party, Editors, Kasabian and is working on REM's next album. Hopefully he'll find the time to a attend a meet with me sometime. There's a picture of me presenting him with an atl-alt after several bottles of wine one Sunday afternoon that he put on his myspace site.

His latest videos are viewable her: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVDLvLzNtcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVDLvLzNtcA This is the uptheresolution Director Cut.

Sorry about the pole dancers in the videos :eek:

Cheers,

Phil.

. Got admit to being a Fields Of
The Nephilim fan when I was a kid!!!:eek:

Hey wow, same here I was well into spear of destiny and fields of the nephelim, darker than black! Awesome music but as the Woodsmoke got further away from the concrete his musica tastes wandred off into the eclectic world of world music and spiritual stuff Lisa Gerrard, Dead Can Dance, Mongollian throat Warbling, Red Army Choir, with plenty hayseed dixie, folk, floyd and some classic Rock thrown in. Robert Plant, Thin Lizzy...yeagh

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
My faves at the moment :D (most are oldies)

AC/DC
Led zeppelin
Black sabbath
Kaiser chiefs
Eurythmics
UB40
Queen :headbang:
Gorillaz
Linkin park

Too many others to mention them all :lmao: :cool:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm having a bit of a soundtrack phase at the moment, enjoying the tunes from the
"Wicker Man" and "O Brother Where Art Thou?" and Philip Glass' "Koyaanisqatsi".

Radio offline is Xfm, online is classic underground from http://www.3wk.com :240:

I tend to like 'sounds' - bleeps and bloops, that sort of thing, so I'm a huge fan of
these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCyW3f2LJPI - that video is taken
from 'Alchemists of Sound'.

and I love all those car adverts and have collected them, among other bits and bobs,
from YouTube. Here's a car advert that some might remember - I didn't collect it
for the music but cos it made me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF8sebZ3L-Q
It's the one where they release a Freelander into the wild from a back of a truck.
Genius :D

U

unused[nl]

I have listened to every kind of music. hard rock to trance, classic music to gangster rap, Irish music to ultra tone(10 000 bmp!)
But I always return to Red Hot Chili Peppers!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Trad folk mostly. Corries, Chieftans, Dubliners, Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem. The gorgeous, sexy Maddy Prior with or without Steeleye Span. Sometimes I like to listen to ClassicFM, depends on my mood. I used to have a load of Barbara Dickson long before she went contemporary, back when she still did trad scottish folk in the pubs around Royal Terrace in Edinburgh (back in the 70's).

Eric

Heavens Eric. You must be as old as I am. I'll go with your list, including the bit about Maddy Prior. Great voice too. ;)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I used to be a big fan of The Spice Girls but since they split up I've been into Atomic Kitten and The Pussycat Dolls.

I like to listen to them on my iPod when I'm out in the woods, beats the natural sounds around me and it helps to dull my brain so that I don't have to think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE