Who's your favourite band?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Ok this is a bit of a long shot (and may get no replies) but following Solitudes thread regarding a new lifestyle, I thought I would ask.... what type of music are you guys into. Music, like nature, is quite emotive and can say a lot about a person.

For me, I've been through punk, rock, folk and a mix of all three. At present I am listening to Kasabian, the waterboys and just bought the travelling willburys re release - next purchase white stripes new album.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Fantomas and Peeping Tom at the moment but you may want to listen to them before buying as it might no be to everyones tastes.
Used to be a massive New Model Army fan (to carry on the Levellers theme.)
Used to be a bit of a Goth so all that stuff that I wouldn't like to mention...........although I did have the pleasure of working on a demo with Wayne Hussey from the Mission a few years ago with a band I was in.
Now its got to be guitars and usually noisy!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
No fav band, but I like pretty much most types of music except rap and opera. Currently I like Razorlight, sissor sisters, Mika and I really like Paul Mccartneys new one, best he has ever done I reckon (on his own, I hasten to add)...

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Bleedin nora you will be talking about All about Eve next.... Rose of Ava .....you must be as old me! 'I remember' .....flippin sounding like Pinhead...... now those were the days.
D

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Bleedin nora you will be talking about All about Eve next.... Rose of Ava .....you must be as old me! 'I remember' .....flippin sounding like Pinhead...... now those were the days.
D

Hmm... late 80s for me were the Cult, the Ramones, Spear of Destiny etc but also (well oiled) traditional folk down my local, so plenty of variety. Last band I saw were Primal Scream at Cambridge corn exchange just before Christmas, great gig.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just lately I've been listening to Maximo Park, The Silversun Pickups, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and I've just replaced my Smashing Pumpkins albums with CDs so I've been playing them too. My taste runs to punk, both old school and new. Ska, folk classical old motown and Atlantic soul (can't stand the new stuff though). Just as long as it's not jazz I'll give it a go.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Hmm... late 80s for me were the Cult, the Ramones, Spear of Destiny etc but also (well oiled) traditional folk down my local, so plenty of variety. Last band I saw were Primal Scream at Cambridge corn exchange just before Christmas, great gig.

The Ramones, quality stuff. I was a Spear of Destiny fan as well, cheerful bunch that they were:) .

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
It's a shame music and the outdoors mix so badly 'cos I love them both. Old school punk (Ramones, Stooges) rock (Led Zep etc.) jazz (Art Blakey, Miles), Yeah Yeah Yeahs white stripes, be your own pet, Nick Cave all great and too long a list to finish.

If forced to choose a favourite though, it would be Reef, hence my signature quote!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I like too many bands (and other artists) to mention, but I'm listening to a lot of The Bees.
The new album (called Octopus) is well worth a listen. LCD soundsystem's new one is pretty tight as well.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Love them there blues man! SRV lives on!:headbang:

Anything with a beat, some old stuff, stones, rat pack, Jethro Tull. But often prefer the cover band versions. For example the Counter Fit Stones version of Painted black is brilliant!
Paolo Nuttini, James Morrison are pretty good as well so get a play in the car!

Like the odd violin concerto as well.

Oh yeah don't forget those show tunes!:D

Pib

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Trad folk mostly. Corries, Chieftans, Dubliners, Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem. The gorgeous, sexy Maddy Prior with or without Steeleye Span. Sometimes I like to listen to ClassicFM, depends on my mood. I used to have a load of Barbara Dickson long before she went contemporary, back when she still did trad scottish folk in the pubs around Royal Terrace in Edinburgh (back in the 70's).

Eric

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Don't really have a favorite as theres loads of stuff I like ranging from the Dead Kennedys Holiday in Cambodia though Golden Brown by The Stranglers Some early ZZ Top followed by some more mebbe followed by a bit of THIS.
Could chuck in a bit of Pink Floyd for good measure.

S o r r y (ahem:rolleyes: ) that most of those videos don't really fit but what else do you expect on Youtube:eek:

If I were to answer the same question tommorrow I might well give a totally different answer though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Funny old world :)
I like rock, some metal. My most recent listening has been AC/DC, Nazareth, Nickelback, Journey, Whitesnake, Therion, Foreigner, Vixen, Einherjer, Inkubus Sukubus, Sarah MacLachlan, James Blunt, Dougie MacLean.
I also like some of the alternative stuff produced by groups like the Woodland Orchestra, though to be honest that kind is better live.#

Cheers,
Toddy

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
My favourite band changes pretty much daily but there are always a few regulars in my 'top 5'.

My Chemical Romance
The Offspring
Bon Jovi
Jimmy Eat World
Greenday

At the moment it has to be My Chemical Romance, along with Billy Talent, Plan B, Pendulum and Lostprophets.
And I'm teaching myself to play guitar again so Nirvana's 'Nevermind' is getting a good airing recently as the tracks on it are quite easy to pick up. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE