Who's your favourite band?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I was going to mention the Spice Girls but was a bit embarrassed. Thanks for clearing the way Rebel! :lmao: :lmao:

This thread prompted me to go through my CD's and I came across the whole Deacon Blue catalogue. The 80's have a lot to answer for:rolleyes:

Pib

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
I'm a bit of a head banger, ok alot of a head banger, but i listen to a varied range of music, Dubliners, Led Zep, UB40, AC/DC, Anthrax, Metallica, Drum n' Bass, Techno, Dance, Trance, chill out stuff, classical, Jerry Reed( snowman out of "smokie and the bandit" ), Patsy Cline, Insane Clown Posse, Slayer, Kiss, House of Pain, Daddy Yankee, Static-X.
So bit of a mad collection, you name the style i'll possibly have it:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i love my classic rock,heck i'm playing my best of (Deep purple) C.D. right now.:) ..but lately i have been pluged into the (Gipsy kings) i truly love thier music..vince g.11b inf..

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Ozric Tentacles (preferably the older stuff... pre-"hidden step"), Steely Dan, Gogol Bordello, Natalie Macmaster (girl is riotous upon thy fiddle!), 4-tet, Cream, ATB, Dire Straits, Aqua Velvets, Floggin Molly, Rossini, Baka Beyond, James Cotton, Gatemouth Brown, Buddy Guy etc. etc etc.....

Ozric is definately my #1 though (read: if i can't decide what to play, then they go in first)

But can't honestly say that there are any other genres liked more than others.
Just like to hear good talented musicians doing what they do best!

edispilff

mike68

Mar 2, 2007
oxon
With mention of such Giants as The RAMONES et al I cant believe noone has yet to List STIFF LITTLE FINGERS.
mike68

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Propagandhi....How to Clean Every thing is the album to buy if you like punk (well Canadian punk)
Jodie my sister 'did' the music to a car advert the one for the Golf it was the one for the golf going through the years.
Some great bands really there with a lot of in common really. I suppose this should naturally lead to best gig you ever went to But I guess that should be started in the other stuff forum!!!!
Dave
For reference mine would be at wolves Janes Addiction with Primus

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I personally like classic heavy rock, particularly Deep Purple and its derivatives Rainbow and to a lesser extent Whitesnake.

I'm now living, in a small way, the dream of being a rock star by playing bass guitar in a classic rock covers band Judy's Farm, playing numbers from: Deep Purple, Rainbow, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Queen, Green Day, The Undertones, The Clash and many others.

If anyone's sad enough to want to see me, there's a clip on YouTube of us doing Highway to Hell. We are also now doing It's a Long Way to the Top, with me playing the highland bagpipes, just like Bon Scott did before he died.

Geoff :eek:

PS: I agree, this isn't really a subject for "Bushcraft Chatter"!
PPS: I must now go and write out 100 times: "I must not show off about what I do on the bushcraft forums." :)

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Favourite band are the Levellers. Got all their CD's and dvd/video's

I also like:

Rev Hammer, Billy Brag, Maddy Prior, 3 Daft Monkeys, The Clash, AC/DC, Ramones, Cock Sparrer, Juliette and the Licks, ...

A lot of folk / punk and rock'n roll!!! :D

Going to See 'Cock Sparrer' Later in the Year.

Spear of Destiny and Stiff Little Fingers still seem to do the rounds every couple of years too.

And if We're reliving the memories of classic punk bands what about good old 'Peter and the Test Tube Babies' and Sham 69 :)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Really into Queens of the Stone Age at the moment, saw them at the O2 Festival on Thursday. The White Stripes and Satellite Party were pretty awesome too, from what I can remember...

Drinking Tuborg from the moment I walked in to the Festival at 2:30pm until it closed was a bad idea. :beerchug:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Yeah I like some of Josh Homme's stuff - my flatmate had (well he still has it but he's
no longer my flatmate) the Desert Sessions with PJ Harvey, good stuff.

Best gig was The Family Cat at The Venue in New Cross, forget the year but it would
be mid-90s, in London. Also Eat Static in Leicester and Ozrics somewhere in London.
And Re:Genesis doing The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway in London.

Not sure I know the golf advert Tommy

I expect we'll move shortly to 'other chatter' :)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
With mention of such Giants as The RAMONES et al I cant believe noone has yet to List STIFF LITTLE FINGERS.
mike68

Oh yeah, SLF (i've mentioned them now). I've been called a muso before (i've also been called a mother figure, but i think that was a mispronunciation!).

Everything from Cake, The Reverend Horton Heat, Fields of The Nephilim, The Sisters, White stripes (don't think much of the Raconteurs) John Shuttleworth, Muddy Waters (my boy's middle name is McKinley), SRV, Maiden, AC/DC, Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, Brian Setzer, The Animals, The Stne Roses, The Seahorses, Honeycrack, Niel Young, Floyd, Terry Hall, The Specials, The Clash, The Damned, Dead Kennedys, SOD, The Thrills, R Dene Taylor, Tom Jones, Eric Bibb, Marcus Miller, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Dave Stewart, The Police, Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown, Link Wray, Elmore James, Bauhaus, The Small Faces, Ultravox, The Wallflowers, Zucchero, U2, (early) Elton John (seventies stuff with Bernie Taupin writing!) Bread, Camel, The Skids, Big Country, The Proclaimers, Squeeze, In fact, it would probably be easier to list who i don't like............

Faceless Techno, Jungle, Electro Dance, anything you would hear in your average nightclub, in fact, anything that lacks warmth and soul.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm a big Maiden fan, as the avatar suggests! I grew up listning to my dads' vinyl by classic bands such as Purple, Zeppelin, Sabbath, and also got into Floyd just before leaving school. I recently tried Blind Guadian and think they are awesome, Helloween is another good german band, and I was listening to Rammstein befor they started to get a lot of playtime in UK. I was quite surprised to see them on telly in UK and also on the film Triple X. I can listen to most music though, I quite like some classical music, some of it is very heavy stuff! Operqa and rap is pretty much the only thing I don't do, but I own one Eminem album which is OK if you don't mind loads of swearing!

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
I'm a big Maiden fan, as the avatar suggests! I grew up listning to my dads' vinyl by classic bands such as Purple, Zeppelin, Sabbath, and also got into Floyd just before leaving school. I recently tried Blind Guadian and think they are awesome, Helloween is another good german band, and I was listening to Rammstein befor they started to get a lot of playtime in UK. I was quite surprised to see them on telly in UK and also on the film Triple X. I can listen to most music though, I quite like some classical music, some of it is very heavy stuff! Operqa and rap is pretty much the only thing I don't do, but I own one Eminem album which is OK if you don't mind loads of swearing!

Thanks for reminding me spamel. IRON MAIDEN ROCK :D

Jamie

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Amazing!! more and more bands cropping up who I've seen - Maiden, SLF (3 times). But nobodys mentioned Neil Young........ now he's a dude.

Edit; Sorry Jedediah, didn't see Neil hidden in your list. I believe he's working hard for US small farmers now (lots of them are only 4ft 6")

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
I like Alot of stuff like some have mentioned i've also been brought up listening to my old mans collection. Maiden,Floyd, Thin lizzy,Journey,Metallica,Led zep,James.. then theres my stuff, Alexisonfire,Funeral for a friend,Haste the day,Fftl,paramore(only a little bit),Blink 182, Angels and airwaves,Lost prophets,Biffy clyro(mon the biffy), Fightstar, MSI,Pendulum, Tracy chapman,Snow patrol,Athlete,Thefutureheads, The killers,Andew w.k,Gary moore,David gilmore.. the list can go on..

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Heres a clue:D. This is me back in the early 80s,oh memories
Copy%20of%20IMG_0001%20%28Small%29.jpg

All i can say is"OI"

As for music now its System of a down,lost prophets,ect ect. But still listen to the classics, Anti nowhere league,GBH,The Exploited,etal

Also seen live The Mission,The Nephililm,Rose of Avalanche,All about eve,Body count.

Remember PUNKS NOT DEAD!:cool:

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
when I grew up I only listened to dark rock, like sisters of mercy, fields of the nephilim, bauhaus etc. Went on to industrial stuff like skinny puppy, ministry, front line assembly. But nowadays it's mostly electronica like squarepusher, autechre, aphex twin. Maybe the least 'bushy' music there is. Sorry! :)

(I guess someone had to break the rock trend here, hehe)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE