who's close by?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, am new to this forum. Im originally from north london. But now live in Kings Norton (south Birmingham). I am looking to meet up with some new bushcraft peeps in the new year.
The guys I usually go with still live in the South East, it can be a bit of a logistical nightmare hooking up with them more than a couple of times a year...
Looks like there is quite a few of you about in the Midlands. I was contemplating the meet up over in coventry last weekend, but kind of glad I didnt ! Looking at the rain, and the fact I was feeling a bit flu like!
Would be cool to hear suggestions on venues to hook up with people or pm me if your on my doorstep and you fancy going for a bimble... cheers :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Looks like the "yam yams" have hijacked your thread shaggy, i'm not that far away though, and there's a load out your way on BB.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm in Northampton and I find it hard to find a safe place to camp solo around here, if anyone has any ideas or wants company give me a shout. I can travel but the closer the better. I'd prefer to keep the driving within an hour each way if possible. I really want to find a decent place to put up a tarp and hammock for a night or two without hassle!! Cheers

cub88

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
worksop
I am in worksop, its only half an hour away from lincoln and an hour or so from staffordshire and leicestershire, i would deffo be up for a meet or something. there isn't anywhere to camp here (legally anyway).

cheers
cub

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi

Melton Mowbray (ish) here - I am still practicing in the garden before going 'live' so if you do arrange a meet of some kind and don't mind a total (well-aged) beginner who will need to be told everything then let me know.

I am trying to sort out a training weekend with someone who I trust in Herefordshire so that may be I will know the basics before too long - hopefully by end of March at latest

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi

Melton Mowbray (ish) here - I am still practicing in the garden before going 'live' so if you do arrange a meet of some kind and don't mind a total (well-aged) beginner who will need to be told everything then let me know.

I am trying to sort out a training weekend with someone who I trust in Herefordshire so that may be I will know the basics before too long - hopefully by end of March at latest

I wouldn't worry I am in the same position:rolleyes:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
is there anybody meeting up yet know late by dates but just wondering

This is an old thread. Check out the regional meets threads. There is always one on at least once a month.

Always wondered who that weirdo was upsetting my adders around Kingsford Country Park.

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
I am in worksop, its only half an hour away from lincoln and an hour or so from staffordshire and leicestershire, i would deffo be up for a meet or something. there isn't anywhere to camp here (legally anyway).

cheers
cub

been from worksop i know what you mean. i have always wanted to camp in the woods behind wilko dist yard.try walesby if you want a leagal option tho

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
well this is a slightly aged thread, i started it and then forgot all about it when the birmingham/wolverhampton boys hijacked it with their fanciful ramblings about a bull-ring-mini-moot (or some such lunacy), how times have changed, i now quite often meet up with the brummie lot at various midlands meets. also, having clearly stated in the OP that i "don't do organised meets" i now organise fairly regular meets at spitewinter scout campsite near chesterfield, funny old world.

shamal - i was in bolsover earlier this week, i live just down the road from there (hopefully moving in the next few weks though). have a look at the midlands meets, there's a whole load of dates for meets that have been arranged for this year, the next one (i think) is the north wood meet at the end of this month.

stuart

shamal

Mar 13, 2010
Bolsover
Cheers for that mate laid up at moment unable to drive due to shoulder op but will look into that and hopefully meet you there,,, I live top end Bolsover near water tower,

p.s. strong taste in music :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
is that hillstown way then mate? let me know when you're back in action and we'll have to meet up for a pint or something. i'm just in the proccess of moving house out towards matlock, lots of places round there to go and play in the woods. you'll have to let me know if you fancy the north wood meet later on this month, if for no other reason than i'll be wanting to cadge a lift!

stuart

p.s. gypsy punk's the way forwards mate!

shamal

Mar 13, 2010
Bolsover
It is, and no problem of lift if mobile by then, Good luck in Matlock there is some nice places to play around there should keep you busy for years, will get back to you on pint sounds a good idea be in touch soon cheers

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE