who's close by?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
hi all, not posted on here for a long long time, much longer than i realised to be honest.
just wondering if there's anyone around my neck of the woods who might like to come for a pint and compare shiney things! i'm not really into organised weekend meets because my life is a little bit unpredictable, but it'd be good to have someone to share the spur of the moment nights out that i have.

look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully sharing a drink, be it in the pub or round the fire.

stuart

subedarmajor

Forager
May 25, 2008
winterton uk
I live near Scunthorpe, I'm fairly new to bushcraft (both the site and the lifestyle.)

Do you know of any bushcraft friendly areas?

Cheers, Alan.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
well welcome to bushcraft mate, hope you enjoy it.
i don't really know the area where you are but if you ever fancy a trip over to chesterfield you'd be more than welcome to share the places i go. there's bound to be someone on here though who does live in your area, just ask around a bit, say hello in the introductions section.

stuart

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Davey569,

i'm merry hell side as well mate, between netherton and old hill, and cradley heath !

Grimstead,

at this rate we could start our own bushmoot on the wolves ringroad !! LOL

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I know the old speedway and Saltwells real well mate, right by you then, just round the corner from Aldi by the old Saltwells school !

Used to go down the saltwells nature reserve before it was a nature reserve, and after it became one as a mate used to be a volunteer warden down there. Not been down there in years.

I usually go over Kinver and have a poke around to see if i can find any tinder etc.

I see you are going to the Midlands meet, I've not been before so it should be good, me and a mate from work are going, probably go after work on the Friday night, putting all my faith in the satnav to get us there. We are doing the air rifles and archery shooting, not done archery before so it's going to be a laugh.

Small world mate !!:D

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
verry small...i live right opposite the entrance to the speedway estate. (currently with a skip on the drive.)
im going to have to see about the meet as i have no transport and no idea where it is/how to get there. but ill try my best non the less.

my nan and uncle live in kinver, my uncle works with BW and lives in the house on hyde lock? i was thinking about having a meet over there but would need to check it out with my uncle if he knows anyplace we could go.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Davey569,

You're more than welcome to come with us mate, there should be room in the car for one more, got to pick my mate up first before we start the trip to Coventry. Let me know if you do or don't and we'll PM each other to arrange details.
:1244:
Andy

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Davey569,

You're more than welcome to come with us mate, there should be room in the car for one more, got to pick my mate up first before we start the trip to Coventry. Let me know if you do or don't and we'll PM each other to arrange details.
:1244:
Andy

thankyou mate i'd love too join you, ill PM you some details. but its not for certain yet.

grimstead

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2008
wolverhampton
Davey569,

i'm merry hell side as well mate, between netherton and old hill, and cradley heath !

Grimstead,

at this rate we could start our own bushmoot on the wolves ringroad !! LOL

that would be funny lol

so u go over kniver way any good places to go m8 dont get much chance to go :-(

hope you have a good time at the meet up in cov

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
that would be funny lol

so u go over kniver way any good places to go m8 dont get much chance to go :-(

hope you have a good time at the meet up in cov

I usually go over Kingsford Lane side of kinver then into the woods, it's nice all over that way.

Looking forward to the meet in cov, can't wait

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE