Who's a lucky boy???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have just put a picture in my gallery of my F1, now looking very different after a very kind & talented brother "played" with it for a week, at some point I'll learn how to put pictures in my posts!
A huge thank you to Leon, it is a work of art, truly, almost in danger of becoming a drawer queen (but then again :D )
Neil

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Damn Leon is a wizard. Neil between you and Leon is there nothing you can't do.

Very talented boys, your mum must be very proud :D If fact I know she is.

Look forward to seeing it in the steel & wood

David

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Your brother certainly has a way with F1s. :)

Looks like he's getting the hang of that dark tan too. ;)

Who changed the grind?

Quickbeam

Aug 6, 2005
Durham
Very nice work, I've got an F1 blade to handle when I get some spare time. Is that from a blade blank or from a thermorun handled f1?

Nick

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Lovely job fellas...didn't realise at first it was the original rehandled. Well impressed with the new grind too..... :)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Quickbeam said:
Very nice work, I've got an F1 blade to handle when I get some spare time. Is that from a blade blank or from a thermorun handled f1?

Nick
It was from a blade blank, they are a very good way to get virtually a custom knife.
N

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow thats gorgeous :eek:

DSC00340_Small_.JPG

If I send you my Thermorun POS Leon do you fancy working your magic :confused: :D

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's *real* :notworthy A beautiful bit of work, and it's all the more special because your brother made it for you, too.

atb,
Mary

leon-1

British Red said:
Wow thats gorgeous :eek:

DSC00340_Small_.JPG

If I send you my Thermorun POS Leon do you fancy working your magic :confused: :D

Red

Red I am working on rehandling F1's which have hade the thermorun removed, but to be honest at the moment I am not to good with it. I need a couple of bits of kit that I cannot get hold of untill the new year, after that and a trial run though I'll let you know.

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. A debt of thanks is actually owed to Marts who provided the dye, thanks mate you're a star. As you said I am beginning to get the hang of that colour dye ('tis actually dark brown:eek:) and it is the very bugger to get even.

A quick run down of the knife/sheath;

F1 Blade:rolleyes:.
1.5mm red vulcanised fibre liners.
African ebony with heartwood (heartwood is the white bit).
7/32 stainless and brass mosaic pins and a lined lanyard hole.

The main body of the sheath is made from 5.5/6mm veg tanned leather. In places I was stitching through 5 layers. One brass D-ring leading onto a 3.5mm veg tanned hanging loop. The colour obviously is Dark Brown.

Neil and I had been talking about doing this for a long time (possibly a year or more), recently he chose the wood and decided that he would like red fibre liners, I made the sheath to try to complement the knife and the belt, but due to working on a different design for possibles pouches Neil got a prototype that matches the belt and sheath also.

Don't you dare turn that knife into a draw queen bro':D

I have another that will be sent out so the recipient will get it for Christmas, another one of the mods and a very good friend. I just need to know whether they are left or right handed for final adjustments to the knife and sheath (strange I have never noticed:eek:).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
leon-1 said:
Red I am working on rehandling F1's which have hade the thermorun removed, but to be honest at the moment I am not to good with it. I need a couple of bits of kit that I cannot get hold of untill the new year, after that and a trial run though I'll let you know.

No rush mate. I bought an F1 to see what the fuss was about but can't get on with the handle or the grind so this seems a perfect solution :)

Drop me a PM when you find yourself at a loose end :D

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE