Whooohoo...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
...My whoopie slings from UK Hammocks arrived this morning!

Am i right in thinking it's easier to remove the webbing from the ends of the hammock & attach the whoopie slings by threading them through & making a larks hitch? I've got drip rings from TW Hammocks too, so how would I attach them?

Sorry for all the questions lol!

Regards

~WWC~

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yaaay, the kits coming together.

I know next to nowt about hammocking so will leave advice to those who hang. Just chuffed for you that your new toys are arriving. Always fun having something to play with. Do you think Shadow will sleep in the hammock with you? Should be fun trying to get an excitable pup to sleep in one! My only hammocking experience was when I had a 12 stone wolfhound and there was no way he was coming in with me.
Good luck with the set up and remember the credo of BCUK, that if there are no photographs it didn't happen.
ATB,
GB.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I have continuous amsteel loops on the end of my hammocks, with drip rings larksfooted on, threaded through the end channels and larksfooted through itself. I use a similar set up on my current hammock with whoopie hooks instead of rings but its the same principle.
Ukhammocks sell the loops but if you want to learn to splice its much cheaper to make you own.

Just make sure your tarp will cover the rings, i made shorter 8" loops for my current tarp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
I cut the original suspension rope on my DD hammock down to a very short tied loop (double sheet bend, I think, although there are plenty of other good knots that would do the trick) so there was no need to rethread anything through the ends of the hammock. You could include your rings in such a loop and then larks-head the fixed eye of your whoopie sling through the rings.

Last edited:

Jethro924

Oct 13, 2013
United Kingdom
I cut the original suspension rope on my DD hammock down to a very short tied loop (double sheet bend, I think, although there are plenty of other good knots that would do the trick) so there was no need to rethread anything through the ends of the hammock. You could include your rings in such a loop and then larks-head the fixed eye of your whoopie sling through the rings.

+1 - wot he said worked for me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE