who has used their bearclaw bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
ok its a while now that the bearclaw knives have been around so hows about some pics of the used ones mine is still a draw queen so no point posting it but what about the rest of you

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
ok its a while now that the bearclaw knives have been around so hows about some pics of the used ones mine is still a draw queen so no point posting it but what about the rest of you

Funny, I was just wondering if anyone had ever posted anything about the BFK and did a search for threads. I appears from the lack of response to your post that the other 48 people that got BFK are playing their cards close to their chests. I love mine!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I used mine for a while but never really gelled with it. It's a nice knife, but the symmetry of it once had me cutting with the wrong side of the blade and I cut myself quite badly. I did that a few times. Sold it on recently

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I used mine for a while but never really gelled with it. It's a nice knife, but the symmetry of it once had me cutting with the wrong side of the blade and I cut myself quite badly. I did that a few times. Sold it on recently

Never use mine in the dark for that reason.

Also, it's easy to pull a muscle getting it out of the sheath; Gerd intended that not one would be lost by falling out.:)

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
show us a pic then? a quick Google only yields a bb review but no longer any pics in it... :(
A not so good pic of mine :

gerd.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
sorry to say this guys ive got aknife from rich@newforestbushcraft and if ime out so is the knife no point having it unless your going to use it apolliges now for my outburst dave53:lmao::lmao::red::pokenest::drive:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
sorry to say this guys ive got aknife from rich@newforestbushcraft and if ime out so is the knife no point having it unless your going to use it apolliges now for my outburst dave53:lmao::lmao::red::pokenest::drive:

Can't carry all my knives when out. I'd need a 275litre Karrimor :rolleyes:

Some people here are also on BB and collect knives, so there is a point. Different strokes for different folks. And it was a beautiful knife so I can understand why Grumit keeps his sparkly, it's a work of art and never to be made again in all likelyhood.

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
dave53 here, pi0nt taken i have a buck and afrost mora itake them all out so friends can use them if they wont to

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought at the time that it was a beautiful knife :)
Seeing it again I still think so.
I hadn't realised that the symmetry that I admired could prove to be a problem though if used without due care.

Lots of collectors on the forum, lot of folk suddenly realised that one or other of their knives has grown enormously in value and choose to keep them securely at home too.

cheers,
Toddy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I hadn't realised that the symmetry that I admired could prove to be a problem though if used without due care.

I would have been OK if it was my only user, but you sub conciously get used to judging which way around a knife is by looking at the handle, and by touch when carving. And if your mind wasn't 100% focussed (which mine rarely is), it'd bite you. Getting it out of the sheath was a major task as BorderReiver pointed out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE