Who else is going on the Woodlore Fundamental course in July?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi there,

I'm going on the woodlore fundamental course from the 3rd July to the 9th, just wondering if anybody on the forum is going to be there as well, would be nice to make acquaintance, beforehand.
Also, I'll be getting there via plane and train, just wondering if anyone has done the journey by train from gatwick airport to Royal Tunbridge Wells, How long does it take?, Is it a nice journey? All help appreciated, thanks

outdoorpaddy

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Gatwick to Redhill isn't too bad - from there down to Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells is a bit variable. Some nice shiny new trains - some that look like they will infect you with diseases unknown to science just by going near them.

It's about an hour and a half total with all the waiting for change overs.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I did my Fundamental last year, but just did my Woodsense and one of my fellow students flew down from Scotland to Gatwick & then traveled on by train with no problems. I travelled by train too, but from Hertfordshire into London and out again to Tunbridge Wells - no problem. You can easily get a cab to the usual RV for a few quid. Keep an eye out for other Bushcrafters on the train, and at the station. I've met up with others every time and been able to share cabs etc. You'll have a great time, Fundamental is a brilliant, but hectic, week. The Woodlore staff are all top-notch. Have fun!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE