Who eats Fish?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Love it all, cod, plaice, salmon, smoked haddock, fresh mackerel,crab, lobster, shrimps, cockles, crayfish, muscles. Had a fantastic yellow tail in Cape Town a few weeks back.

I love sea fish, but I HATE whelks.

I do have trout occasionally. but prefer sea fish

S

spirit-bear

another fishy lover here :D

I eat it in whatever form it comes, wether it be scaley, boney or with a shell i love it all. I dont think there is one item of seafood or fresh water food that i dont enjoy a dabble of now and again :cool:

But my fav has to be a lovely peice of smoked salmon mmm yummy.....

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I do like fish, but have it far to rarely. Prices of fish are stupidly high which is a major off put, although being right beside the sea (While away from Killie) there is less of an excuse not to go out and try to catch my own. Last years caught fish was nice enough, but I'll need to get some decent recipes if I'm going to catch more pollock methinks, far to plain / tasteless on it's own. Hmmm, maybe it's time to get the rod out again soon... :D

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I love fish - but rarely have it because my flat mates aren't that keen and it is quite expensive.

I would be very hard pressed to choose between meat and fish/shell fish myself.

Andy

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I like all fish and shellfish, when I visit relatives in Kent I pig out on oysters:red:

Can't beat a plate of this though:

1286135f496.jpg

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Why do they ruin the dish by putting all that jelly on it??!! The liquor is great and the eels and mash too, but I really don't like jelly (nor in pork pies either!!)

Love jellied eels too and as for pork pies, well I have to really; living in Melton Mowbray. :lmao:

W

wildjim

I am on a quest for Mahi Mahi since a co-worker suggested it.

Its not in at my local grocery store just yet.

I like mild flavor fish.

W

wildjim

I love fried hard crabs and Maryland USA steamed crabs!

Maine lobster is a treat with butter and garlic sauce!

Maryland USA is famous for steamed hard crabs, steamed with water, vinegar, beer and coated with Rock Salt and Old Bay seasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I remember enjoying eels when i was young, I can't say i've been inclined now i'm older, I should try them again though.

We got a lot of Mackerel, spider crabs and the like off shore here, they're nice, especially when it's smoked on the beach.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
I like fish too, I've grown up eating Brown trout, but now trying sea fish and seafishing, the good thing is the mackrel should be here soon.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love fresh home smoked mackerel and fresh lobster is gorgeous..mussels roasted in an open fire are lovely though I'm not that keen on them steamed.

Mussels are a lot nicer steamed in a little white wine, garlic and Tarragon and the stock enhanced with some cream then reduced so you can soak it up with some good bread;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE