White stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Nice waking up this morning to the first snow of the winter at our place, at about 250m. Enough to cover the ground and it's on and off. Not enough to go and play yet but fingers crossed for the future!

Anyone else?

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Blue skies here :( I'm looking forward to the snow, getting strange looks from the people I tell that to, wanting to do my first snow hang lol, bring it on.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Rain, and more rain, with occasional flurries of snow. Not a hope of it lying though, the whole place is sodden wet. We're about 59m asl.

M

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Still no snow here, although it is hailing like nobody's business as I type.....we're over a 1000ft here so if there's snow about we usually get it

Fingers crossed

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
44" measured at the neighbors after 36hrs, then 3 days of -20. Peaks around my village no more than 7,000 - 9,000'.
As it has warmed up, I hope that the entire layer has consolidated. Only snow pits can assess the avalanche hazard.
Clear, -2C/28F, no wind this AM. The sled-heads are thrilled.

Nobody dead yet but should be a dozen killed by spring.
I know that sounds absolutely macabre. Sad truth about those
with more money than brains and an unwillingness to learn how
to use avalanche safety gear (Pieps, Avalung, probes, etc).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup the hills behind the village were white yesterday morning and a nice snowflake ensconsed itself on my nose when I put my head out the door. Was round at friends helping them with their Christmas decorations in the afternoon with snow falling, woodburner roaring and copious amounts of prosecco lace with sloe gin. Even an old humbug like me felt festive.
This morning the place was like a skating rink and was having to do an odd shuffling sliding run after the posty who had a parcel for me. Hills look great in their winter mantle.

Kent Clark

Nov 23, 2014
Crewe
My wife and I went for a nice long walk in Macclesfield Forest on Sunday. A the highest point we stopped for home-made soup and had a short-lived, but nonetheless impressive, blizzard. When we returned to the car it had all gone.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Well it all went with the high winds. It returned last night and is now coming down heavily, wet stuff though. The local schools have a snow day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
At 6:23 this morning the power went out and immediately afterwards probably the loudest and longest peal of thunder rent the air. Quickly unplugged the 'puter which was a good idea as the machines in the local post office are kaput this morning.
It's now hammering it down and all the lovely snow has gone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE