Which two person tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

flounder_al

Oct 5, 2013
Morayshire
I'm looking at doing some wild camping/fishing later on in the year around the north coast of Scotland. I'm looking at getting a two person tent (purely for the space) and just wondered what you guys n gals would recommend?

I've got about £150 to spend and like the look of the Vaude Terratrio 2 tent. Any others i should have a look at? Idealy i would like one that goes up 'outer sheet' first. Just in case it's raining and i don't want to get the inner wet.

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I'm looking at doing some wild camping/fishing later on in the year around the north coast of Scotland. I'm looking at getting a two person tent (purely for the space) and just wondered what you guys n gals would recommend?

I've got about £150 to spend and like the look of the Vaude Terratrio 2 tent. Any others i should have a look at? Idealy i would like one that goes up 'outer sheet' first. Just in case it's raining and i don't want to get the inner wet.

Wild Country Zephyros 2 pitches all in one with inner inside.

I would also consider a SilMinipeak or SilHexpeak made by Luxe Outdoors :)

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
I have a vaude Taurus, excellent tent for three season backpacking. bomb proof. They know how to make a tent.

edit: just googled terra trio and it is a Taurus, just a new name! so yeah, buy it :)

Last edited:

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Have a look at Vango 2 man tents. They are all decent tents at around the £100-£120 mark. Coleman Cobra is a bit cheaper at £70-80.

Johno76

Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
The Snugpak Scorpion 2 is a great tent and is Fly first. Might be a little above your price range but you may be able to find one for the 150 mark if you shop around a bit.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The Wild Country Zephyros 2 gets good reviews and can be had for around £120 and a fitted ground sheet is available for it too

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
rik those prices seem well high of what the op wants regards dave

They are indeed Dave, but very often when someone gives a budget on BCUK for kit its totally ignored so I thought I'd just go with the flow.

Personally I'd go with a Vango or Coleman if in the market for a small tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE