Which tent for winter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Just spent four days with lots of rain and a little snow deer hunting out of this tent. I'd come in at the end of the day soaking wet, stoke up the fire, hang my clothes above it, and wash up right inside with hot water from the stove's water jacket, letting the water soak into the ground. I'd wake up once or twice during the night when it got a little chilly, and throw on more wood. By morning my clothes would be dry and there'd be more hot water for breakfast. I'd bank the fire and close the damper, and the stove would hold a fire all day.

This stove is made of steel, so I only use it when canoe or car camping. It's nice because it's large and has a water jacket on the side. When weight is an issue, I use a smaller one made of titanium.

The fellows who had nylon tents kept coming over to mine to dry off, warm up, and mooch some hot water.

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE