Which hatchet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Have you tried Robin Wood excellent value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, great axe for all tasks including carving.
Quality tool it is, and at a very reasonable price...

Never had problems with mine.

Last edited:

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
hilka hacket £7 you can turn it into a nice hundson bay type axe with a bit of work

greenshoots

Attachments

• axe 001.jpg
    axe 001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
After 8 or 9 years of use I 100% recomend the GB Wildlife hatchet.

it just takes everthing.

In fact I sharpened it today:

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
I love the Fiskers X5 and have one with me constantly in the woods plus it's small enough the hide away in a belt pack I use so you do not get any strange looks from the general public who walk through.
Ideally only for small tasks but it's helped me build the handrails, deadhedging and culverts.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Many axes with a 40-50 cm handle would fit the bill, imho.
I prefer a longer handled axe (correlates to head weight) and a short (5 cm-ish blade) knife. I have a Laplander that see no use at all (trade anyone?) and a DIY bow saw that get some use.
Greger

wonkothesane

Mar 18, 2016
Eryholme, UK
I will second that. Some people dont like the rough finish of the handle, but it is intentional I believe, and certainly helps with grip.
Thirded. And yes, it's left quite rough for grip and I've found it effective with no blisters. Didn't stop me lusting after a GB axe this week at the Weald and Downland museum this week but happily for my wallet they didn't have what I wanted in stock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE