Which Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
okay i have a question- i was going to buy TW hammock set up and have gotten stuck between two which seem to be the same specs but are different prices- anyone know what the difference is and which to buy

first up is a three layered hammock- with removable bottom layer dor a tarp, with mesh £45.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390659124842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

next up is the three layered green hornet- seems to be the same but £51.99 plus postage

http://www.twhammocks.co.uk/Hammocks/Hornet-Hammocks/Green-3-Layer-Hornet-Hammock

any thoughts appreciated

cheers

joab

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Postage is free when you order direct from TW or at least it was on all the orders I've placed. I'd get a standard or extra wide green hornet. Not sure how useful an emergency tarp would be. Better off getting a dedicated (and larger) tarp imo. Although if your set on those 2 I'd get the one with proper mossie net mesh. The best bit about hammocks is the view :)

Last edited:

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
I had delivered a TW hammock today, it was the green hornet 1.8 wide, really nice bi of kit a tin my opinion a better investment than the dd traveller I had. Just better finished with more features than the DD.

Luke

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have the same model hornet as you Luke. It's a brilliant hammock, very roomy. I used to have a DD travel and I much prefer my TW.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Which model do you have? is it the two layered wider hornet? what tarp have you gone for? I liked the idea of the removable third layer ( on the 3 layer hornet) for stashing kit in.

cheers

joab

Hi Joab, I have the Green Hornet 1.8m wide version. Its 45cm wider than the standard Hornets, makes it very easy to get the diagonal lay right. I also have one of the XL hammocks for winter use when there's no bugs about.

My hammock tarp is a TW Sargasso Storm, I've been very pleased with this tarp. Never actually used the velcro 'doors' but still its a good size and the catenary cut corners mean it handles high winds well. Also very easy to get a taught pitch. Not sure if they are still making that model but it's a lot like this one, just a bit smaller.

My Hornet and Sargasso

069_zpsf24f6beb.jpg

My XL and Sargasso

009_zps35cf7f53.jpg

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Which model do you have? is it the two layered wider hornet? what tarp have you gone for? I liked the idea of the removable third layer ( on the 3 layer hornet) for stashing kit in.

cheers

joab

Joab

I got the 1.8 wide green hornet, breathable twin layer not the 3 layer.

I've got a 3x3 meter DD tarp and a TW sargasso, I wish I'd got a canvas tarp though as the DD tarp preach has holes in it from embers from my campfire.... Little bit gutted, it's just a case a finding one that's a reasonable price in canvas

Luke

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Too be honest if be had my choice again I probably wouldn't go for a hennessy I love mine now but had a few mods done to and have had time to get used to it . I'm waiting for alpkit to get they're rig21 in so I can replace the henessy one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE